Chapter 5

Chapter 5

●●●

It was actually kind of funny how Taehyung and Jimin had been pretty good friends for weeks over weeks now and although him and Jungkook were dating, Jimin had never seen even one interaction between the two of them. Of course Jimin had never really made an effort to get to know Jungkook better, because he just felt like Jungkook didn't like him.

And both Tae and Jungkook had their own circle of friends, so the only time they actually did things together was in their apartment, which was why when Jimin woke up that morning, feeling groggy and still half asleep, it took him a good minute to realize he wasn't seeing things when he glanced at the kitchen and saw Jungkook standing there, chopping something, probably for breakfast, and Taehyung was right there next to him, watching him with a warm smile, his hand on Jungkook's waist.

And although Jungkook didn't really do anything to reciprocate the gesture, he also didn't block Taehyung off, silently continuing his work. It was weird. Jimin had always taken Jungkook as the type of guy who hated body contact, but judging by the way he didn't swat Taehyung's hand away and even went out of his way and tried to stay in reach for Tae when he grabbed something from the fridge, it seemed like maybe Jimin was wrong.

He continued lying there for a bit longer, simply watching, silently thinking to himself how cute and domestic the scene seemed. He had a certain feeling that this might be something casual reoccurring between the two of them.

He sat up, muttering a 'morning' that was just loud enough for both of them to hear it.

Jimin watched in amusement as Jungkook slipped away from Taehyung as if his hand had burned him. For once Jimin really didn't feel scared of Jungkook at all. Not with how much he tried to seem nonchalant but there was the softest tint of red on his cheeks. Jimin couldn't hold back a comment. "Don't let me bother you two love birds."

He entered the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge before waving at them. "I have a class in two hours. If either of you has a class too I could take you. I'm gonna take my car."

"Jungkookie has a..."

"Can you not?" Jungkook snarled in a warning tone and Jimin automatically felt nervous again, but Taehyung seemed absolutely unfazed.

"What's the problem? Didn't you say that..."

"Shut up." Jungkook growled before turning around and leaving the room.

Jimin followed him with his eyes before turning back to Taehyung.

"Please don't make him angry if I'm even remotely involved... I'm not... I'm still not really comfortable with him." Jimin sighed, looking back at Taehyung, who just shrugged his shoulders.

"Sorry. Just thought he might want to because he said he kind of wants to get to know you." Taehyung stated and Jimin's eyes widened comically.

"What?" Jimin really couldn't imagine Jungkook saying that. Not at all.

"Jungkook sucks at getting to know new people. His social skills are pretty much reduced to sassy remarks and mean comments." Taehyung shrugged his shoulders and grabbed the knife to pick up the work where Jungkook had left it.

"And he said he wants to get to know me?"

"Not exactly. I'm just good at reading him and he's kind of trying to be nice. If he weren't you'd know."

Jimin raised an eyebrow, glancing at the door to the living room, just to make sure Jungkook wouldn't come back. He was pretty curious but Jungkook didn't have to know that.

"Jungkookie's all talk no bite... most of the time. When he doesn't like someone he's mean. When he likes someone or tries to get to know someone he literally disappears into thin air because he spends so much time thinking about how to that he ends up not doing anything. It's cute."

"Are you supposed to expose him like that?" Jimin asked, not knowing how much he could trust that information. Jungkook still looked at him like he was angry all the time.

"He'll live. Maybe... I don't know. You said he makes you nervous but maybe initiate something? End his suffering, as cute as it may be to watch." Taehyung suggested. "He really likes that bad boy image he has built up around him, but I swear he's a huge softy inside."

Jimin raised a skeptical eyebrow. Yeah, towards Taehyung maybe.

"I'll consider it... but I don't think I will. I don't want to piss him off."

A/N

This stories jk is so aaaaah I wanna hug him💜

Just me? Sorry😂