Chapter 25

Chapter 25

●●●

Jimin anxiously tapped the table, staring at the hot chocolate in front of him before looking at his mother, who was standing in line on the other side of the room. Then he glanced at Jungkook and Taehyung, who were sitting two tables away in the cafe, both one their phones.

Warmth spread through Jimin's stomach when he watched Jungkook excitedly turn his phone around to show something to Taehyung, who chuckled at whatever Jungkook was sharing with him. Jimin was fucking nervous.

He really appreciated these two being here today since he had no clue in what direction the conversation was going to turn, but the possibilities didn't look too rosy. This wasn't something light. His mother wasn't going to react well no matter what. The question was just what kind of bad reaction she was going to have.

Would she feel betrayed? Would she get angry? Would she start crying? Were those emotions going to be directed at Jimin's stepdad or Jimin?

He didn't know. And that made this so nerve wracking.

"I hope you didn't wait too long." His mother smiled, putting her plate of esterhazy cake down. She was also carrying her usual coffee. Jimin wondered whether she was still drinking as much as she had always used to.

"I just got here ten minutes ago." He hadn't but he didn't want to make her feel bad. It wasn't her fault he had been this fucking nervous over this. He'd gone over this with Taehyung so many times. He had even rehearsed what he was going to say and Taehyung had gone through all of her possible reactions with him.

Not that it had helped much with his nervousness. He'd grown even more anxious actually and then Taehyung had seen the need to reassure him that, while things might look bad at first, whatever would result from this was going to be better than what he had right now.

His mother would know what was going on in his head and not be angry every time Jimin avoided his stepdad... he wouldn't be the rebellious teenager in her eyes anymore. At least that was what he hoped.

"How was your day?" He asked, watching as his mum slipped out of her coat and threw it onto the empty seat next to her.

"Stressful." She smiled. "Some idiots at the office lost some important documents we need tomorrow and now we need to contact our second branch to see if they have a copy and ugh." She rolled her eyes, finally settling down completely and brushing over her clothes to get rid of any creases. "How about you? Everything going well with uni?"

Jimin nodded. "Yeah... no real issues."

His mother nodded approvingly. "It has always been like that. Always on top of your class without putting too much effort into it."

That wasn't true. Jimin had always worked his ass off for that. But his mother didn't know because she hadn't been around to see him pull all-nighters over all-nighters.

He didn't do as much anymore. His grades were good nevertheless because he had learned how to study efficiently during that time.

"So how come you wanted to meet me so suddenly? You barely ever do that anymore." It was an obvious jab but Jimin ignored it, instead focusing on the way his mother's manicured hand wrapped around her coffee.

"I had something important to talk to you about."

His mother raised an eyebrow, pushing her hair behind her ear. "Oh?"

Jimin took a nervous sip from his water. "Yeah... And I want you to really listen to me and what I'm saying. Because this is something I have wanted to tell you for a while now but I've never been able to gather the courage to."

His mother looked confused but nodded, eating a tiny bit of her cake.

"So... you know I have not gotten along with Alex at all." Jimin stated and he could see a flash of annoyance in his mother's eyes but she nodded nethertheless. Jimin sighed. He already knew this wasn't going to go well. His mother had always been annoyed at him 'rejecting' Alex as his stepdad.

"I actually have my reasons for that."

"And those are?" He didn't miss the hint of bitterness in her voice. Unconsciously he glanced at Jungkook and Taehyung to make sure they were still there. They were reassuringly smiling at him and giving him little thumbs up.

Jimin felt a little braver as he continued. "I know he never does it when you're around, but back when I was still living in your apartment, whenever you were gone on your business trips, he'd always yell at me and insult me... sometimes even push me around to get me to do stuff."

He could see the way his mother's eyes narrowed. His heart rate picked up. She didn't believe him. She thought he was making this up to...

He quickly continued. "That's not all. He hasn't done this in years... and I'm sorry for having to tell you this because it's not something you want to hear about your boyfriend." He rambled. He had to get this out before she closed up and stopped believing a single word he said.

"He used to sexually harass me. I have no clue when it started, but until I turned ten he'd get drunk when you weren't home for a while and then he'd make me undress and let him touch me. I can't remember it all that well because it's been a long time, but it was awful. I still remember how dirty and uncomfortable I felt, but since he was the one who always had the authority to tell me what to do I felt like it was deserved." Jimin chuckled bitterly.

"I felt like it was some sort of punishment."

His mother's face was blank. There was a tense silence that felt a lot longer than it probably was. Jimin's heart thrummed in his chest and he felt sick. He didn't want to be here...

And then his mother's gaze turned cold. "I can't believe you'd fucking do this." She never swore... Jimin gulped. She was pissed. This was the worst scenario they had gone through. "I know you hate Alex, but to make up these lies just to... I can't believe you're my son."

She got up and Jimin did too, trying to grab her hand but she pulled it away.

"Those aren't lies. I'm really not trying to ruin your relationship with him. I just... I wanted to tell you for so long..."

His mother shook her head. Maybe it was just the light playing tricks on his eyes, but it looked like there were tears in her eyes.

"I can't believe you'd do this."

And then she was gone. Left the cafe, her cake still mostly untouched on the table. Jimin was staring at it when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

He barely realized when Jungkook and Taehyung sat down at the table too. Jungkook next to him while Taehyung sat down where his mother had been just seconds ago.

Jimin was crying. He realized that about a minute or two into the reassuring words coming from Jungkook and Taehyung about how she was going to be thinking about it. She hadn't reacted well because this man had been her husband for years. Of course it was hard to believe for her.

Jimin half listened to them. The other part of his thoughts was stuck on the face his mother had made at him when she had walked out. All his life he had tried to please her... get her positive attention. How could she look at him like that?

Nevertheless, Jungkook's hand reassuringly patting his back and Taehyung's soothing words helped a little. Made it hurt a little less. Because he knew he wasn't alone in this and eventually his mother would come around again.

She was simply in shock. Taehyung made it sound so reasonable... and Jimin appreciated it because the thought of losing his mother completely was fucking terrifying.

A/N

Small check. Pls if you see this comment here!

I wanna check if wattpad allows comments rn and if not I might postpone predator to tomorrow because I wanna see ppls reactions on that☹

Anyways... this chapter was pretty sad:( things will get better soon!