Chapter 18

Chapter 18

●●●

"I'm here to pick you up." his stepdick stated, like there was no way around it. Like it wasn't Jimin's choice to make.

His voice sounded a lot more confident than he actually felt. Jungkook's presence, even with him being mainly confused, made Jimin feel saver. Even in the presence of that asshole. "I'm not coming with you."

He could see irritation flicker over his stepdad's features, but he quickly caught himself, putting on that mask again he always wore when they were in public... or around his mother. He only ever showed his true colors to Jimin when they were alone.

"You are. Your mum's worried about you." He took a step into the apartment, Jimin almost flinching away. Jungkook seemed to notice Jimin's fear and stepped in front of Jimin's stepdad, forcing him to stay where he was. "I don't remember inviting you in."

For some reason even with Jungkook being maybe the same size as Jimin's stepdad, he still seemed to be looking down on him, towering over him as he slowly forced him to back up. Maybe Jimin's stepdad could feel that Jungkook wasn't one to shy away from a fight. After all, even with how big he tried to be, when it came down to it his stepdad was a coward.

"Maybe I should call the police on you guys for keeping him away from his family." he tried to threaten but Jungkook scoffed.
"He's not a minor and I think you'd get in more trouble than we would if the police got involved in this, wouldn't you?" His tone was mocking. "Fuck off. You're not welcome here."

Jungkook pushed him ever so slightly, forcing him to take that last step out of the door, before staring him down, waiting for him to leave. Jimin was breathing heavily in the back, clutching onto the door frame, hoping that dick would actually leave.

After a few seconds of trying to return Jungkook's glare he finally gave up, once more stealing a glance at Jimin, who could feel his heart rate speed up again. "You'll come home again." It sounded more like a threat than anything else.

The worst part was Jimin knew that he didn't care about Jimin being home. This whole thing was only about displaying dominance. Jimin wasn't doing what he had told him to so he had to be corrected.

Then he finally left and Jimin could feel all the fear and anxiety sinking from where they had clung to his heart just seconds ago to his stomach.

Jungkook closed the door slowly, making sure to lock it after before turning to Jimin.

For the first time in a while Jimin saw genuine worry displayed on his features. "Hey, everything alright?" he walked over to where Jimin was standing, still so... scared. His stepdad knew where he lived... what if he showed up again? For the first time in months he didn't feel safe here. "You're shaking." Jungkook stated, his tone so soft, Jimin almost didn't recognize it.

"Yeah uhm..." he tried to calm himself down, gather his thoughts. "It's okay. It's going to be okay in a minute. I just get nervous around him." His voice didn't sound like his own. It was so distant... distracted.

Tears gathered in his eyes but he forced them away by blinking quickly, before wiping the corners of his eyes with his sleeve. He didn't want to cry. It would make things so awkward. There was no reason for him to cry. Nothing had happened. "I'm okay."

That was a lie. Jimin most certainly was not okay. He'd almost forgotten all the fear he felt when he saw his stepfather... now he remembered. Remembered just how bad it was. "I'm okay." He repeated again, like he was trying to convince himself he was.

"No you're not." Not saying more Jungkook wrapped his arms around Jimin, tightly squeezing. Jimin felt like crying. Like crying really badly. "I'm okay." His throat tightened up and more tears started spilling from his eyes. "I swear I'm okay."