Chapter 14

Chapter 14

●●●

As many times before Jimin had fallen asleep somewhere throughout the last episode they had been watching. When he woke up at about three am and didn't feel like sleeping anymore, he got himself a glass of water and started rewatching the last episode, simply so he and Jungkook were back at the same part.

It was ridiculous how comfortable Jimin was around Jungkook at this point. How he would just fall asleep rendering himself vulnerable around him, like there was absolutely nothing to it.

Aside from Jungkook and Taehyung Jimin really couldn't remember when he'd last fallen asleep with someone else in the room. Even worse. Without locking the door.

Sure, it had been circumstantial and that certainly had helped because locking the door was no option, so that was something he had had to force himself to get used to. To some extent he had to trust both Jungkook and Taehyung, otherwise he wouldn't be able to live with the two of them.

Sighing he pulled his phone out of his pocket. Those thoughts reminded him of the fact that he still had to message back his mother. He'd seen her message earlier when he had sat with Jungkook, but back then he hadn't wanted to be bothered.

Pressing his lips into a thin line, trying to distance himself from the message, he read it silently.

Mum
I know you think you are an adult now and you're all independent but you aren't. You can't just go without texting me for a week and think that's okay.
I thought you were more mature than that. Seems like you are not.

Mum
Your dad and I talked about this and we really can't have you living somewhere else like that. You're not an adult... especially when apparently the only way you can tell me that you don't want to live with us anymore is by simply disappearing into nothing and expecting us to just accept that.

Mum
We don't even know where you are living. 'At a friend's' is not sufficient. I want you to call me once you read this. I've been tolerating this behavior for way too long. You are going to call me!

And then there was a message sent just an hour ago. Like it wasn't three am and Jimin had better things like to do, like sleeping.

Mum
Will you stop ignoring me? We're worried you know? You're still living off our money!

Jimin scoffed. The way she always wrote 'we' like his stepdad gave a single shit irked the fuck out of him. It made him angry to even think about. Maybe it showed a bit in his next message.

Jimin
I'm not coming back. If it's an address you want that I can give you, but I have a place to live now. It's not like you'd even be home to notice I'm not there.
And don't give me that my 'dad' is going to miss me. That's the biggest bullshit I've ever heard. That guy doesn't give two shits about anything but making my life hell.

He knew his mother wasn't going to take that seriously. After all it was all puberty. Children always got a bit feisty when they got older and that was perfectly normal. No reason to take what they were saying seriously.

He tossed his phone onto the couch before rubbing his eyes, sighing in exasperation. God he hated talking to his mother this way. At least with her he knew that she wasn't trying to be mean. She was genuinely worried. But Jimin couldn't go back there. For the first time in his life he had a home... somewhere he felt save. Even if only the couch was his territory. He felt save with Jungkook and Taehyung around. Taehyung because he was... just Taehyung and Jungkook because he had proven that he was to be trusted more than once. When they had talked, at that party where Jimin had been stupid enough, and even that one time in front of his friends, when one of them had picked on Jimin.

But around his house, Jimin didn't just feel like he wasn't save. It genuinely scared him. His stepdad scared him. Biggest douche in the universe didn't even begin to cut it.

A noise from the kitchen tore him from his thoughts. Startled he got up to get a view of the kitchen. There stood Taehyung in a widely cut pullover, filling himself a glass of water.

Jimin made sure that Taehyung heard his steps as he made his way over, since he didn't want to give him an heart attack.

When Taehyung heard him his head turned towards Jimin. "Hey." His voice didn't sound as bad as it had hours before, but Jimin could tell that he was still... a bit out of it. While he didn't want to make Taehyung uncomfortable he also really wanted to ask about what had been going on.

Jimin leaned against the doorframe, crossing his arms comfortably over his chest. "Hey. Are you better now?" He hoped that question was okay. It gave Taehyung the option to run away by simply saying that he was indeed better. Jimin wasn't intending on prying if Taehyung didn't want to talk.

"Not really." Taehyung answered, not elaborating further, taking a sip from the glass in his hand.

Jimin weighted the possibilities. Either he could ask Taehyung more and risk making him even more uncomfortable or he could just... try to be there for Taehyung without asking too many questions. If the boy was willing to talk he certainly would anyways.

"Do you want some milk with honey? I can't sleep so I'm probably making myself some."

Taehyung's lips twitched upwards at the corners a little. Good choice. Jimin was glad that he had made the right decision.

"Yeah sure. Milk with honey sounds great." He walked towards the table, sitting down on one of the chairs and crossing his legs as he watched Jimin scurry through the kitchen. For a minute or so neither of them said anything, then Jimin broke the silence again.

"Wanna watch TV later? I don't think I'll be sleeping soon anyways and you seem like you don't intent to either." he offered as he added the honey to the hot milk before pouring it into two cups.

"I don't have anything better to do, so sure."

A/N

For those of you that are bored with the quarantine I'm currently writing a threadfic on twitter so if you don't have anything else to do it would be cool if you could check it out.

My twitter user is @ Jambooty2

I haven't recieved any feetback so far and I'm saaaad:(