Chapter 6

Chapter 6

●●●

Well, Jimin was scared as shit, but Taehyung had asked him to and he still struggled with saying no to Taehyung. Also he was kind of blocking the couch for both Taehyung and Jungkook. The least he could do was try to get to know Jungkook better.

So when he spotted Jungkook on the balcony of the flat, staring into the distance and smoking, Jimin took his chance and stepped outside too. Jungkook looked up at him and again, nothing even close to an emotion crossed his face.

He just looked Jimin up and down, before pulling the toxic stick out of his mouth. "You need anything?" His voice was rough, just like all the other times Jimin had heard it. Jimin wondered what he might sound like after you had talked to him for a while. Would his voice get cleaner after some time?

"No. Just wanted to... maybe chat with you?"

Jungkook looked at him for a couple of seconds, before turning back to face the view. "Okay."

Jimin cursed Taehyung under his breath. Jimin was super awkward and Jungkook wasn't going to make it easy for him apparently. He really wasn't sure where this was supposed to lead them.

To his surprise Jungkook spoke again after a few seconds. "How's your situation? Have your parents called?"

Did Jungkook know about him? Had Taehyung told him anything or was he just asking because something had to be wrong if Jimin was crashing at their place? He decided to just ask.

"Did Taehyung tell you about it?"

Jungkook simply shook his head.

"Okay." Where was Jimin supposed to start? The tattoos on Jungkook's arms were distracting him too. He was wearing a tank top so all of them were visible. Jimin couldn't help but let his eyes trace over the lines. There was a huge wolf on Jungkook's upper arm. It was a beautiful tattoo... what had Jungkook asked again? Right, about his situation at home.

"My mother is on a business trip and my step father forgets that I exist when I'm not there so no calls."

"You don't have a good relationship? With your step father I mean?"

Jimin was surprised how soft Jungkook's voice sounded now that he was facing away. His sharp eyes no longer were piercing Jimin's. Overall it seemed like maybe Jungkook's voice had a lot more emotion to it than his face did.

"It's the worst. He's an asshole, but great at acting like he's not. I can't stand him." Jimin stepped forward in a moment of bravery and leant against the railing next to Jungkook.

"Sounds tough."

"Yeah."

They probably stood there in silence for ten minutes, but for some reason Jimin didn't feel uncomfortable. There was something comforting in Jungkook's silence. He couldn't pinpoint what it was, but it made him feel at ease. Which, even if he wouldn't say that they were friends at this point, clearly was progress.

And there really was some progress. Some more days passed and Jimin was slowly starting to feel homey. He fell into certain patterns. In the evening he would watch TV and sometimes Taehyung or Jungkook would join him.

The most progressive part was that, although Jungkook still sat down on the absolute other end of the couch, as far away from Jimin as possible, he wouldn't sit in complete silence anymore. Instead he'd ask Jimin short questions when something happened that had ties to things that had happened in the series before Jungkook had started watching and at some point Jimin simply summarized all of the characters and what had happened so far for Jungkook, which also was the point when Jungkook went from every couple of days to sitting with him every evening.

Maybe Jimin was imagining things but he felt like Jungkook was growing more involved with the series. He'd watch with the same focus Jimin did and Jimin had to admit that he really enjoyed Jungkook's company.

He still didn't feel comfortable with talking to Jungkook outside of it, mainly because they were both awkward as fuck, but he no longer felt anxiety rising whenever he locked eyes with Jungkook. He had even gotten used to Jungkook's glare and realized that was just Jungkook's face and the boy wasn't really looking at him with anger. Apparently Jungkook had quite the resting bitch face.

"I'm glad you two seem to get along better now." So even Taehyung had noticed it.

He and Jimin were sitting in the cafeteria of their college and eating. They had just finished discussing a group project that Jimin was absolutely not looking forward to.

"Me too. I mean, I'm still not entirely comfortable because tattoos just give me anxiety... I mean, they are hot but also..."

"Why?" Taehyung cocked his head to the side.

"Why what?"

"Why do the tattoos give you anxiety?"

"I..." Was Jimin supposed to say the truth? He never really talked about this in detail with anyone. But Tae wasn't just anyone. At this point he counted Taehyung as one of his absolute best friends. "It's just full sleeve tattoos. Because my step father has them too. And I'm scared of him so they scare me too, because they remind me of him."

"But... it's just tattoos. Not everyone who has a tattoo will behave like your step father."

"I know that it's ridiculous. They just have that effect on me."

A soft sigh on his lips, Taehyung reached out and wrapped his hand tightly around Jimin's. "It's not ridiculous. Just know that Jungkook seriously isn't someone you'd have to be a afraid of."

"I know. I kind of know what you mean when you say he's cute now too." Jimin admitted.

Taehyung grinned. "I'm honestly glad to hear that. By the way. Mind if I join your movie evenings? They seem nice."

Jimin laughed. "It's your apartment. Of course you can. You shouldn't even ask me... by the way, should I pay rent? I really can. It's not much of a problem. I just don't know how much longer I'll block your living room."

"No you don't have to. It's nice having you around. It's comfortably cramped somehow."

"That's not a good thing!"

A/N

I'm in a good mood<3 Let me share it~