Dynamite

(This is my entry for Weekly Wattpad Contest #56) Contests

The smell of burning candle fills the air, the wick gets shorter and shorter and then boom. Friction, heat, a catalyst that's all it takes to explode and disintegrate into a million pieces, taking everything in and around you with you.
I am dynamite.
You talk about me in class or behind my back. Talking smack about who I am or what I could do, even if you have no idea what I am capable of. I explode, but not in front of you. I explode into a billion pieces in the dark confines of my room. I burn inside out with anger and regret, I burn because there's nothing else I can do. I let out all my pent up anger and frustration and I am back the next day. As good as new.
If you give me a prompt, my mind explodes. In the form of billions of ideas, of pain, love, loss and human emotion. My ideas burn brighter than the sun as my brain buzzes with the intensity of my thoughts. Ask me a question and I will manage to turn it around. In a way you never thought I would. Give me a idea and I'll do my best. To capture everything I feel in ink and pen.
I disintegrate thousand times a day, breaking into tiny fragments of myself. My pieces float in the oceans of the world. Moving from shore to shore, from home to home. My pieces are free to pick companions along the way to join me in my journey. Be it culture, people, places or names. Stories are written in every part of our brains.
But dynamite is something that destroys. It does not light up the whole room, it burns it. The air smells, you eyes widen and your lungs suffocate. That is the effect, I have on people. When I am at the darkest point in my life. When many days have passed without a Sun. I carry this ticking bomb in my head and words explode out of my mind. Like a high speed metro, the words rhyme to the sound of my heartbeat and I end up saying something which makes your heart stop beating. In my worst moments, I am ash and smoke. The pieces of a person who once was. A reminder that everything comes to an end and the sun has to set. I will cling to your body like ash until you brush me off. I will haunt your dreams and mind and explode in your head a thousand times.
All because my nature is to explode, destroy and ruin. I am dynamite after all. My fire can't be dampened with rain, because dynamite doesn't change.