End of the Decade

My entry for the Free-Write. QueenXirinOfArvada
TimberWoolf

I was just talking with Emily about New Year when something happened. Something which can only be described as a cosmic mental boogaloo.

I am not sure what happened to my body then. All I knew was that suddenly, I felt like I had warped a hundred times into myself and then into something else. I had aged a thousand years in the process or so it seemed. Finally, I appeared in a desert.

A voice echoed through the desert. "You are the chosen one.". I blinked.
When I opened my eyes, I found myself back with Emily.

Emily was looking at me with her mouth agape. I blinked again.

"Are you okay?" She asked. I nodded, feeling like something had changed.

"Are you sure you are okay?" She asked again, her eyes still wide open. I nodded again.

"Well, I am not sure you are because you started freaking out. Your eyes were closed and your head was doing the shimmy but at like a thousand times the usual speed. Like you had turned into a sentient Smash Mouth and rolled throughout time indefinite." She said.

I grinned at her, creepily.

"I am the one with the power." I said, in a voice barely above a whisper.

She blinked. I smiled.

I tapped my fingers.

There. It had happened.

I turned on the television while Emily was still gaping at me, open-mouthed.

Then suddenly, as if something was forcing her to do so, she rose to her feet.

She lay down on ground, face-down. Her hands were now on her sides.

Voila! Rockets went off in the background. She was planking. I had brought back planking! I am one with the power!

I smiled and left Emily there. I exited my house and entered the street. As soon as I placed a foot outside, the plank-ening began.

The first person went down and then the next and the next.

Everywhere my eyes went, people were planking. 2011 was back in full swing.

"Plank before me, mortals. Plank before your undisputed queen!" I said, cackling.

They all obviously obeyed. Until...

I heard a familiar noise behind me. No, it couldn't be, it couldn't be...

It was undoubtfully the sound of Rick Astley's "Never Gonna give you up". I turned back and saw Rick Astley himself, dancing along to the beat.

"You!" I exclaimed, with a horror-struck look.

"Never gonna let you win!" He sang and summoned the power of rick-rolling.

"Noooooooooooooo!" I screamed as I felt the end draw nearer.

Suddenly, I felt myself sinking deep into the ground. I screamed and howled, thrashing my arms helplessly.

I sank further and further until all I saw around me was boiling hot magma. This was hell.

The sound approached again. Rick Astley appeared and started dancing. That is what hell is, non-stop rick-rolling for eternity.

I screamed a cosmic scream.

A/N: Idk what this is actually