The Tale of a Town never ends

(This is my entry for Weekly Wattpad Contests #59 Contests)

As I walked to the marketplace, Mrs. Berry's blueberry pie took hold of my senses and I smiled. Mrs. Berry was a widowed, eighty year old woman who insisted on still going by Mrs. and owned the biggest bakery in town.

Her shop was right in center of the market place with it's large windows and purple accents. Berry's was painted on the glass door in bright purple paint and the bell jingled as I entered the shop.

This was the place I had spent each and every one of my birthdays since I was 2 years old and it had barely changed. Actually this was the place where almost every child in this town spent their birthday and Mrs. Berry remembered them all somehow. 

The lantern-like bulbs hung from the ceiling right above twelve round tables which had four seats each. The purple and white paint of the walls hadn't chipped in all these years. The bright colourful cakes, cupcakes were still on display and as usual Mrs. Berry beamed at me from behind the counter.

She was a short, stout woman with white hair and a kind smile.

"Ah, June. Nice to see you" She said, pulling me into a hug.

"Nice to see you too, Fiona" I said with a smile. I bought my daily batch of cupcakes and headed on my way. 

The bell jingled again as I exited the shop.

Even though Mrs. Berry had the biggest shop in town, the main attraction of the town of Avery Creek was the town circus.

I took the short cut to the town square which happened to go through the street right next to Mrs. Berry's shop. I heard the all-too-familiar sound which my feet made as they treaded on the pebbled ground.

There was Mr.  Hans' General store, the Boutique run by Mr. Taylor, Miss. Jessica's mechanic shop and Miss. Florence's gas station.

From the scent of burned rubber tires, to the scent of French perfume and powder. From the smell of petrol to the smell of sawdust. Everything was all too familiar to me.

Finally, I reached the town square. Our Town's Circus was called Jonah Avery and friends. Jonah was the son of our Town's founder and even though Mr. Avery disapproved, he opened his own Circus in town. These days, it was the only Circus which was not on wheels. Every Circus  was moving from here to there but because this one had been here for quite sometime, it was somewhat successful. Every day it was flooded with people from different cities coming in and visiting the Circus. 

I looked at the semicircular building which was designed by a French architect, hired by Jonah. It was painted a bright blue with shades of teal intermingling in between.

I walked through the giant door which was double my size. The ceiling was as high as the sky itself.

I was standing in an auditorium. There were seats around me and a giant stage in front of me. Bright lights were focused on the stage but it was only rehearsal so there wasn't any audience. The auditorium looked like it could hold twenty thousand people which I knew for a fact that it could.

I made my way away from the seats and away from the stage. There was a door at the end of the auditorium which led into a green room and a door right next to it which led to the other attractions of the Circus. 

I entered the green room and Jonah greeted me with a kiss on my cheek.

"Cupcakes?" He asked, gesturing towards the carton in my hands.

"Yep" I said and his face lit up in a bright smile. "That's why I love you so much" He said as he opened the carton and bit into a cupcake. 

I chuckled. There were other performers in the room aka my friends. There was Shay with her crazy curly hair, almost as crazy as the things she could do on that rope. Venice with her agile body which could pull any gymnastic trick known to humanity. Lorence with his funny antics enough to make any crowd laugh and cackle. Carmine with her cheery smile and positive outlook which contrasted against the tricks she could pull on her bike and of course, Me and Jonah.