Part 28

"Turn the volume up."I said, glancing over at the pot of water. He hit the remote a few times, and set it back down on the kitchen counter.

There was a woman talking. "I know. And no one knew they were gone for six months, and then Jeffrey Azoff, Harry Styles' manager, got a call from the singer. Supposedly [Harry] was calling from one of the suspects' phones, and managed to explain to [Jeffrey] what was going on."She explained.

"So, for those of you just now tuning in.. One Direction, plus Zayn Malik, were all taken hostage eight months ago by a group of young Americans. Last week, Niall Horan was the first to resurface. He has refused to speak on the matter. Just today, Liam Payne was found being smuggled across the states. Another suspect was arrested, and Liam was sent back to the UK with no major injuries reported. He has yet to make a comment.. Still missing is: Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, and Louis Tomlinson."She summarized.

I was surprised neither of them had said anything yet..

"We don't know details about where the boys are being held, or by who at this point. However, four suspects have been arrested. All were young, American males. That's all we know about that."The same girl explained. "Damn."I muttered.

My phone started ringing at the same time the water was boiling. I ignored the call, and put the noodles in the pot.

"So, Liam and Niall got out of this mess.."Harry commented, cutting the volume down on the tv as they started going off about One Direction's hiatus.

"Doesn't mean anything."I stated. He was watching me. "They didn't say anything. Just.. Trust me. I won't say a word about my time with you and your group."He said. I looked at him. "Harry. I told you I'd think about it. Four of my friends were just arrested. I need some time."I commented.

"Ok, well. How about, while you take your time thinking about it, we go do something more fun then eating?"He asked. I laughed. "You have problems. You know that? Real problems."I replied, stirring the pasta. He walked over, standing next to me, leaning against the counter. "You don't want that, trust me."I said, feeling his eyes on me.

"I do. It's been ten months. Ten. Guess maybe I'm desperate or something."He commented. I scoffed, playfully hitting him with the spoon I was using. He smiled. "I mean, that's why you won't do it. Right? You think I only want to sleep with you, because you're my only option?"He questioned. I rolled my eyes.

That was only one of the many reasons I won't be having sex with him.

"Cause, that's not why. I've gone longer. I could wait until you let me leave. But, I don't want to. You're here. And you're beautiful, and strong. You don't let people boss you around.. And you make a stand-up cup of tea."He stated. "Still not happening."I said, checking the timer for the pasta.

"Come on.. You need to relax a little, have some fun. This is the only life you get. I think we should skip the pasta, and go upstairs."He said. I laughed. "Not gonna happen."I replied, dumping the water from the pot and mixing in the sauce.

*

"I'm only gonna keep asking."He commented as we ate dinner. We were sitting on the sofa, watching a movie while we ate.

"And I'm going to keep saying no."I replied, setting my empty plate on the table. He finished eating after a few minutes, and got up, taking both plates back into the kitchen..

He came back out after a few, and sat back down. "What's it going to take for this to happen?"He asked, throwing an arm over my shoulders. I sighed, looking over at him. "Harry.. It's not going to. Just.. Get that out of your head."I stated, getting up. "Where are you going?"He asked, following me up the stairs.

"Stop."I said, standing in the doorway of my room.

"You used to let me sleep in your room."He commented. "Yes, well now there's an extra bedroom. It's like when the kid sleeps with the parents when it's young. But, eventually they have to kick them out 'cause the kid is getting too old."I stated, still blocking his way into the room. "Ok. So.. You're saying I'm too old for you? You're 21.."He trailed off, watching me.

"That's what you got from that? It was an analogy, Harry."I stated, groaning impatiently. "Is it so wrong that I like you?"He asked. "Yes. It is. I assisted in kidnapping you. I'll be going to jail, probably soon. And you.."I hesitated. "What?"He questioned.

"You're.. You."I commented.

"So? Just pretend I'm not me."He said. "Harry.. Listen. I know you think that you're into me or whatever.. But.. You just like the feeling of the chase. You like the fact that I keep saying no. It makes you want it more since you can't have it. It's basic psychology.. So.. I don't know what to tell you. But, I'm not having sex with you, and that's the end of that conversation. You can sleep in your own bed. I'm letting you call your mom tomorrow. So, just.. Go to sleep and look forward to that I guess."I explained. He was watching me. "Really?"He asked. I shrugged. "No real harm in it now."I commented.

"Ok.. Well, can I sleep in here at least? Like how it used to be?"He questioned.

"What, you mean before you stole my phone, stole my gun and threatened me?"I asked. "Yeah, before all that."He replied, ignoring my sarcasm. I sighed. "Not tonight, no. I need my space."I said.. He bit his lip. "Ok.. Fine."He stated...

A/N: Finished writing: 9/2/2019
^started writing, probably in July.