Part 37

>>>> March 20, 2020 >>>

It's been a little over a month since Harry's full album was released. And it's been almost 7 weeks since I last let him call his mom and manager..

It's around 2:15 in the afternoon. We're lying on the couch, watching a movie. I'm wearing a t-shirt and some black plaid pajama pants.

I'm on my back, and Harry is lying pretty much on top of me. He's on his stomach, his arms wrapped around my waist, his head on my chest. Louis is on one of the other couches, and Peyton is sitting in the chair. At first, I got mad at him for doing this in front of them. But, after a few weeks, it didn't matter anymore. Besides, they didn't really care..

I felt my phone start vibrating in my pocket, and remembered that I'd cut it on last night to play a game.

I pulled it out of my pocket, and immediately recognized the number, confused by it. It was Chris' number.

I answered it, putting it to my ear. Peyton was watching me. "Hello?"I asked. "Finally. Figured you might answer if you thought it wasn't me."I rolled my eyes. "Why do you have his phone?"I asked. "Because, I thought you might answer the phone if you thought it was your friend."He stated.

It was Jeff. "Ok, well I've had my phone off for the last month, what the fuck do you want?"I asked. Harry laughed, but didn't move from where he was lying. He didn't know who I was talking to..

"We're prepared to pay you sixty grand for Harry's release."He stated. I laughed. "I don't want it."I said, not even having to question it. "We'll leave you alone. You won't be arrested."He offered. I hesitated, glancing over at Peyton.

"I can't trust that."I replied. "Ok, well then I need to speak to Harry. Please."He commented. "Wow, a please? Hm. No."I said. Harry shifted, glancing up at me. "Come on, Brooke. You've got to be tired of hiding."He stated. "No, not really. You see, I don't have to hide. Because you don't know what I look like."I said. "Can I ask a question then?"He asked.

I sighed. He asked it anyway. "Are you ever planning on letting him go? What can we do to make that happen?"He questioned. I looked down at Harry, who had put his head back down and had his eyes closed. "I don't know. Ok? Now, I have to go. So.. Bye."I said, hanging up before he could respond..

I shut the phone back off, and slid it into my pocket, which was difficult to do since it was underneath Harry's bodyweight.

"Who was that?"Peyton asked, and I looked over at her. "Harry's manager. Wanted to bribe me."I answered. "And?"She questioned, motioning for me to elaborate. I shrugged. "We'll talk about it later."I said, and she nodded. Harry's arms tightened around my waist, and he sighed, his eyes on the tv..

*** Three days later ***

I'd only been asleep maybe an hour, when I woke up to voices, not knowing where they were coming from. I picked out Harry's voice, and rolled over, realizing he wasn't lying next to me. I sighed and got up, following the noise. I fixed my shirt, which is a cropped, pastel yellow cami. I also have on some grey joggers. He was all the way downstairs, in the kitchen.

"No. I still don't know what she wants. Listen, Jeff. Louis and I have been talking. We think the two of us can take them on, and we can escape..." He paused. "Yes, I know that it didn't work last time. But Brooke has changed. I don't think she cares. When I told her I had the chance to leave a few months ago when she forgot to arm the security system, she said that I should've just gone. She doesn't want to keep me here, Jeff." He commented. I was listening from outside the kitchen, where he couldn't see me.

I heard him sigh. "You didn't know about that.. Ok well, um. Yes. I did have a chance to get out of here. She'd left my bedroom door unlocked, and didn't arm the security system one night." He explained. Jeff was saying something, but the phone wasn't on speaker, so I couldn't hear him.

"Yeah, I know. It's hard to explain." He stated, listening to whatever his manager had to say.. "No.. I went and slept with her—" He commented, obviously getting interrupted. "Jeff, hey. I know, ok? But it's not like that. She's.. Different." He said quietly.

"Ok, it doesn't matter.. This plan should work." He said. I knew that I needed to change Harry's mind. If they escaped now, Peyton and I would have no leverage. We'd be forced to go into hiding for years. I needed to ensure that he wouldn't want to leave. At least, not right now. I need to find out how I'm going to get out of this mess..

Harry was still talking, and I got an idea. "Yes, but Louis and I have it all planned out—" I chose that as my time to walk into the kitchen. I crossed my arms over my chest, looking at him. He was watching me. I signaled him to put it on speaker, and he did, putting the phone down. Jeff had just finished saying something..

"Harry? Are you there?" He asked. I walked over. "How much did you hear?" Harry questioned. "All of it. You should know better then to steal my phone to make secret escape plans. It never works." I commented. I heard Jeff curse.

"Well, you know I don't have any other choice. I want to get out of here." He commented. I walked over, standing super close to him, dragging my fingers up his arm, just barely touching his skin.

He was staring at me, obviously not sure what I was going to do. I stood on my toes, lightly pressing my lips against his. His hand came down onto my waist, and he backed me into the counter, kissing me back.

"Harry? Is she gone? What's going on?" Jeff asked. Harry pulled away from me, and picked up the phone. "Hey, sorry Jeff I gotta go." He commented, ending the call and walking back over to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me close to him. He started kissing my neck again, and trailed his lips across my jawline, before meeting my lips again.. He kept his arms wrapped around me and ending up backing me into the living room until we fell onto the couch.

We made out for a while, and he had his hands up the back of my shirt (not the front). "Mm, wait." He murmured, pulling away, his hands resting on my waist. I looked down at him. "What?" I asked. "Aren't you mad at me?" He asked. "Well, I figure this is the best revenge I could get." I stated. He seemed confused, but we went back to making out after a moment.. This actually escalated pretty far, and he paused again, obviously hesitant. "How is this revenge?" He asked, and I laughed. "Shut up and you'll find out." I stated.. He smirked, and we continued.......

I had no idea if this plan was going to work. But, it has to.

***

I rolled off from on top of him, and pulled the comforter over myself. "Holy shit."I heard him mutter after taking the condom off and throwing it in the bin next to the bed.. I laughed. "Maybe it's the fact that I haven't had sex in almost a year.. But that was.. Really something."He commented, rolling over to face me.

I looked over at him. "Yeah?"I asked. He smiled. "I mean.. Wow."He said, seemingly struggling to find words. I smirked, rolling over onto my other side. I cut off the lamp.

My plan was going to work. I knew it would...

A/N: I was actually pretty nervous about posting this chapter. But, here it is. Thank you so so much for reading! <3