Part 42

I'm currently out and about in Byron Bay, wearing my ripped black skinny jeans with fishnet stockings and a cropped tee. It's been about a week and a half since we got here..

I'm currently waiting in line for coffee, which Harry specifically requested this morning. So far, we've been able to go unseen, and unrecognized. I guess Australians don't watch the world news or anything. Works out well for us.

I'm currently third in line. "So, where are you keeping him?"I heard a familiar voice say from behind me. I froze, recognizing it. Jeff. I laughed, turning around. It was just him, no security or police officers. He looked down at me, since he was around Harry's height. "Wow. Definitely wasn't expecting this. Nice to see you."I stated, glancing over my shoulder. I moved up in the line, not turning back to face him again. He stood next to me, looking at me.

"Can I help you?"I asked. He scoffed. "Where is he?"He asked quietly.

"He's not here.. Listen, buddy. I let him go, ok? Over a week ago. I'm out here with Peyton, hiding, trying not to be arrested. So, if you could not paint a huge target on me, that'd be great."I stated. He looked around, seeming confused. "No. You couldn't have let him go. He would have called me. Or talked to the media. Something."He said. I glanced in his direction, shrugging. "I dunno what to tell you, he's gone and—Oh, I'm up."I said, stepping up. "Yeah, hi. Can I get one hot coffee with extra cream and sugar, and one Iced Americano."I said, handing the guy the money.

He gave me my drinks and I walked out of the coffee shop. Jeff didn't even order, he just followed me. "That's his order. I know it is. I'll follow you if I have to."He commented, catching up to me as I walked to my car. "First of all, it's Peyton's order, Mr. paranoid. Second, that's pretty creepy. Listen, go ahead. Do that. If you really need proof that we don't have Harry anymore, Then follow me like a sociopath."I said, knowing exactly where Harry was. He was in Peyton's room while I was out. All I have to do is show him my room, which will make it appear as though it really is just Peyton and I out here..

"Alright, I will."He said, watching me walk to my car. He followed me all the way back to the apartment complex, and up to the room. I unlocked the door, pushing it open. He walked in, and looked around. He even went in the bathroom, checking the cabinets. Luckily, we haven't been here very long, and Harry hasn't even unpacked. His bag is still shoved under his bed.

Jeff looked all over the room, then turned to face me. "He was here. I know he was."He commented. I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest. He took a step towards me. "The second I entered the room, I knew that he had been here. I can smell his cologne. Where's your roommate? She's off with him, right? You called her and told her to hide him?"He asked. I gave him a look, bringing my eyebrows together. "Dude, chill the fuck out. First of all, no. That didn't happen, because I haven't turned my phone on in like a month. Secondly, he isn't here. Peyton is probably down on the beach tanning. That's where she said she'd be."I explained. He ran a hand through his hair, looking at me.

"I can't tell if you're lying to me. But I think you are, and my gut is telling me that you are."He commented. I sighed. "I don't know what more to tell you. Maybe he hasn't been able to get to a phone. We dropped him off in the middle of nowhere."I said. "Where exactly?"He asked. "Indiana. About an hour south of the house we were in."I lied.

"Ok. Well—"The door opened. "Hey, I saw the car was back so—"Peyton stopped mid-sentence and looked at Jeff, then at me. Harry walked in. "You lying.. Manipulative bitch."Jeff stated, glaring at me.

He walked over, hugging Harry, who seemed really surprised to see his manager here. "Hey.. What're you doing here?"He asked when they separated.

"I came to get you."Jeff replied. Harry walked over to me, and I handed him his coffee. "Oh. Thanks, but I'm ok."He said, taking a sip from the cup. Jeff looked at me, and then at Harry. "You're joking.. Right?"He asked.

"No. I'm ok, really. I feel like I'm doing something new in my life, and it's good for me. I've done nothing but music for ten years, this is—"Jeff held up his hand. "What the hell is wrong with you?"He questioned. Harry gave him a confused look. "She's a manipulative, psychopathic, absolutely insane human being. You don't need to stay here with her. I don't know what brainwashing technique she's done, but we'll fix it."Jeff commented. Harry put his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him, so I was now standing in front of him.

"There was no brainwashing. She's not crazy, Jeff."He said. That's where he was wrong, and everyone else in the room knew it.

"Harry. Please."He stated, then looked at me. "What did you do to him?"He asked. I shrugged. "I didn't do anything. He can leave if he wants, but that's up to him. I don't care."I commented. Jeff sighed. "Ok. Um. Listen, Harry. I need you to come with me. We can fly back to London, and you can spend some time with your mom and Gemma."He said.

Harry pulled me closer to him, holding me against him. I honestly don't know why he wouldn't go. I've told him to leave. Many times. But, he just won't..

"Is there any way to clear her name? So she doesn't get arrested?"He asked, surprising even me.

Jeff rolled his eyes. "Harry—"Harry cut him off. "That's the only way I'm leaving."He stated, causing Jeff to sigh. "Is this what they told you to request?"He asked. "No. This is my idea."Harry commented.

Jeff hesitated. "Fine. Let me make some calls. It's gonna take a while; she's wanted in just about every country."He stated. He doesn't have the power to do this. Even if he did, the other boys would still want me arrested.

Jeff gave me a look, before picking up his phone and walking out of the room...

Now we wait...

A/N:
I'm beyond exhausted from this semester of school, so I apologize for any typos or late updating. Thanks for reading <3