3. Entrance Exam

Months have passed and Izuku has come to a fuller understanding of his abilities. His eyes are starting to glow yellow too often for his liking but apart from that, everything seemed to be going smoothly.

It was the day of the entrance exam and he was pumped up, he was ready to take his first steps towards becoming the hero he wanted - until he fell.

Izuku: ...Huh? Eh?!

?: Hey there, it would've been bad luck to fall.

Izuku turned around being suspended in midair to a familiar face-

Izuku: Hey, you-

Ochaco: Yeah, it's me. I'll put you down now. Good luck with the exam!

She swiftly stepped ahead of him and marched on, leaving him there dumbfounded.

Izuku: Guess I better start mov-

Bakugo: IS THAT DEKU I SEE?!

Izuku: You've got to be kidding me..

Bakugo: MOVE OUT OF MY WAY YOU QUIRKLESS HALF-WIT!

Bakugo aggressively barged past him, slightly angering Izuku. He noticed his fists shaking and he could notice the colour of his eyes changing.

Izuku: Gotta calm down before the exam...

MEETING HALL

After everyone was seated, Present Mic began to explain how the exam would work.

Present Mic: You will face faux villains, each in which will grant you points once they have been destroyed. At some point during the exam, a huge zero pointer will emerge. Again, it grants ZERO points and you're advised to stay away from it.

Then, a blue haired spectacled boy stood up rather quickly and began to ask questions.

Izuku was in his own world, not really paying attention. He'd been muttering a mantra to stop himself from wolfing out. It dawned upon him he'd need extra training to keep himself in check all the time

?: AND AS FOR YOU?!

Izuku: Huh?

The blue haired boy was pointing at him with conviction and he looked rather agitated.

?: You're incessant murmuring is distracting everyone. Do you intend to keep doing that?

Izuku: ..Oh...sorry.

There was some laughter, but that wouldn't throw Izuku off. In that moment, he became even more determined.

EXAM

Izuku stood outside among the rest of the exam takers. His eyes were a bright yellow and his claws and fangs were starting to show. Despite their initial responses to him, the other exam takers were starting to fear Izuku and could sense animosity.

Izuku then noticed the brown haired girl who was stretching and pumping herself up. He attempted to approach her before he was stopped again by the tall blue haired kid.

?: Are you trying to distract her-
Izuku snarled at him causing him to back off, but as soon as that happened the exam had started and everyone was off.

Izuku: Crap!

He went down on all fours and began moving fast, breezing by the competition with supernatural speeds.

Izuku began destroying the robots, one after another - he was racking up points rather quickly.

Izuku: Hm, at this rate I'll be within top 5 easily.

His originally uneasy expression had evolved into a toothy grin.

ANNOUNCEMENT: THERE IS A MINUTE LEFT!

Izuku realised he could take it easier now that he'd racked up enough points and the zero pointer was coming so he better get-

?:HELP!

There was a shrill cry and then there she was. Ochaco Uraraka had been trapped underneath the zero pointer.
It was as if time slowed down and everyone was moving past Izuku.

Then he sprung into action, all instincts kicking in. He leaped 7 feet into the air, landing on the robots arm and dashed up it to reach the top. His claws went to work, pulling apart and tearing the wiring inside to shreds, causing the robot to explode.

He slid down its back and threw away the rubble near Uraraka with ease, picking her up bridal style as he ran way to avoid getting crushed by the falling robot.

After the dust had settled, he looked to her to make sure she was okay.

Izuku: Hey! Are you hurt at all?

She was lost for words and there was a light blush across her face.

Recovery Girl arrived and took the girl from Izuku's arms.

Recovery Girl: Thank you for your work, boy. You can go now!

Izuku: Y-yes, maam!

The other examinees began to whisper and murmur among themselves.

?:That kid did all that to save her?
?: What is his quirk?
?: You think it's super speed or strength?
?: But look at him he's not even that big.

AT THE TEACHERS SECTION

Midnight: That kid shows promise.
All Might: I've seen him before, I'm sure of it...
Eraserhead: Him and that monstrous Bakugo kid would've tied for points, had he not rescued that girl...

AND FINALLY, FAR OFF IN THE DISTANCE, A STRANGER WATCHES THESE EVENTS UNFOLD.

?: Magnificent...

The Beta is growing stronger...

___________________________________

Hi, it's me again! This story hadn't been updated in some time so here is a lengthy chapter to make up for it! Please comment and tell me what you thought! Are there any plotlines you want adapted or ships you want to see?

The next chapter will focus on the stranger and his connection with his"Beta" (That being Izuku)

Hope you enjoyed :D !!