15. Obstacle Course BEGIN

All Might: There is something else that you should know about...

Izuku: What is it, All Might?

All Might: Do you remember what a Kanima is? I remember briefly telling you.

Izuku: I think so? Kinda like The Lizard from The Amazing Spider-Man right?

All Might: Well...appearance-wise, yes.
They are the result of what happens when one's emotional issues reject the bite of a Werewolf, turning them into a different creature altogether. If it continues, they can reach an enhanced stage...

Izuku: What does that mean....?

All Might: Think of Tambourine from the Dragon Ball Series.

Izuku: Ohhh. Right. That's bad.

All Might: People over Japan have been reporting of a reptillian like creature prowling at night. The police have disregarded this but we can't take any risks. I have a theory the League of Villains is using an Alpha and kidnapping emotionally vulnerable people to create them.

Izuku: Not another Alpha...Peter was difficult enough.

All Might: Nothing will be done until we know more. Melissa has been alerted about it. I just thought it was best you know for your safety. Now, go home and prepare for the Sports Festival.

Izuku: I still can't use One For A-

All Might: Don't worry, it can come later. Focus on the now.

Izuku nodded and exited the office. He locked eyes with Todoroki who'd been standing outside and again he sensed something dark...but also sad..? Todoroki narrowed his eyes at him before swiftly walking away.

Izuku: Strange...what's his deal?

The Class of 1-A had been preparing that evening for the next day. The Festival...

That day, the school had taken extra caution to ensure the safety of students and no villain attacks. Death Arms, Mt.Lady and Kamui Woods could be spotted outside.

CLASS 1-A WAITING ROOM

Everyone was taking their final preparations before Iida entered.

Iida: Okay, classmates. We are about to enter the arena, game faces on!

At that moment a figure swiftly got out of his seat and approached Izuku.

Todoroki: You, Midoriya.

Izuku: T-Todoroki?

Todoroki: I'm definitely stronger than you. There's no doubt about it.

The class had gone silent and watched the situation unfold, Todoroki continued -

Todoroki: Despite that, you have The Number One Hero, All Might, in your corner.

Izuku: Does he know something...?

Todoroki: Regardless, I'll defeat you.

Kirishima: Hey man, maybe we shou-

Todoroki barged past Kirishima and walked away.

Kirishima: You okay, Midoriya?

His eyes gleamed yellow.

Izuku: I'm fine. Hey, Todoroki!

Todoroki turned around to face Midoriya again.

Izuku: I don't know what your deal is...But I'll knock you off that pedestal of yours...

The class had never heard Izuku talk to anyone like this before, let alone in a challenging manner.

Todoroki nodded and left.