29. Melissa Shield: Broken

Kincaid: Shove these in your ears!

He presented Izuku a pair of earplugs, the ugly, awful kind that some people wear on airplanes.

Izuku: I-I urm...

Kincaid: This nose clip too, put it on.

Izuku, now wearing a nose clip and wearing earplugs, felt extremely ridiculous.

Izuku: You're not doing this to make fun of me, right?

Kincaid: Course not!

Though he did snap a picture of him, when he wasn't looking and giggled like a schoolgirl.

Kincaid: That reminds me, here's a blindfold. I don't think these fibers are see through so they should be good. Ah right, you can't hear me.

Izuku: Kincaid?

Kincaid: Put the earplugs back in!

Izuku: I will, it's just that earlier you surrounded me with ash. Why?

Kincaid: Mountain ash. Werewolves can't get past it.

Izuku: You're...you're kidding, right?

Kincaid: Nope.

Izuku tried to walk out of the circle and felt himself flung onto his back.

Izuku: Ouch...

Kincaid: I thought you were a smart kid...Now put the blindfold on, and plug your nose and ears up. We got work to do.
______________________________________

Melissa's cell went off for what must've been the fifth time now.

Melissa: Dammit Shigaraki! I'm working.

Shigaraki: Have you found the boy?

Melissa: Tracking him, as we speak. People reported sightings of a young boy damaging a community project, while moving through the city.

Shigaraki: How could you trust that it's Izuku Midoriya off of that alone?

Melissa: A hunch. If my guess is correct, the kid is a Beta. Probably not been a Werewolf for that long, and my guess is he isn't aware of the extent that hunters go too to catch them. He's not concerned about covering his tracks...

Shigaraki: I've decided that I want him. He could be useful to our operation.

Melissa: I thought the deal was to kill him. Do you really wanna create another Kanima?

Shigaraki: I haven't decided yet. It's a possibility. Why'd you think the kid would be in Hosu?

Melissa: There was another Werewolf I'd been tracking for a while. Used to be part of a gang in America, but fled to Japan. If the kid knows about him, it's likely he'll wanna meet up. U.A Students are on Internships after all, so this would be the perfect opportunity. I'm hanging up now.

Shigaraki: Melissa wai- BEEP.
______________________________________
(FLASHBACK - I-ISLAND 11 YEARS AGO)

Melissa walks in on her dad on the phone.