20. Uncaged: Midoriya vs. Shinso

Aizawa: Hitoshi Shinso. Smart. Adaptive. A powerful brainwashing Quirk that activates upon one answering his questions. He got into Class C, because the Entrance Exam required him to fight faux villains. Tch. An example of how U.A should rethink the way we accept people...

Present Mic: Midoriya is frozen!

Izuku: Dammit, I can't...move...not even a muscle...

Shinso: Sorry, but I'm aiming to be a hero too and can't afford to lose. Turn around and walk out of bounds for me.

 Turn around and walk out of bounds for me

Izuku: ...No...why am I...after everything it took to get here, dammit...

Present Mic: Midoriya is doing as he says! Is it Mind Control?

All Might: Young Midoriya! Snap out of it!

Izuku: It's all so clouded... why didn't I listen...?

MINUTES EARLIER...

Izuku: What did you wanna tell me about that purple-haired guy?

Ojiro: I was under his..."control" somehow during the Calvalry Battle. I'm not exactly sure how it worked, but the point is that I wasn't in control.

Izuku: Right.

Ojiro: I later bumped into one of the 1-B students and snapped out of it. The one with green hair, and a plant or life-like Quirk. I was me again.

Izuku: So...by bumping into Shiozaki you deactivated the Quirk?

Ojiro: I think so...anyway I wanted to tell you since I'm not gonna get the chance to fight the guy myself. Get out there.

Izuku: Thanks, Ojiro.

They fist bumped.

PRESENT.

Uraraka: Deku, what are you doing?!

Iida: He'll lose the match!

Aizawa: If they fought without abilities, Shinso would most certainly lose. Midoriya's physical capabilities are probably greater than his. Nonetheless, Midoriya will have to break out of the hold to get a chance at winning.

Izuku: Not...like this...I refuse! What was that other thing Ojiro said...? It took a bump...I need some kind of a SHOCK...to break out of this... Maybe it's too late...

Shinso: I win.

Izuku continued to near the edge, but just as soon as he was about to step over and be out of bounds, he saw something. By the Faculty Entrance, there was a spark, then glowing, like power being bounced around. It was moving...and then that power hit him.