21. Deku in Danger? Todoroki in Turmoil?

FLASHBACK-NABOOH CITY JUNIOR HIGH

A boy approaches the desk that Shinso is seated and places his hand on the table.

"Man, you're Quirk is so cool, Shinso! It has so many uses..."

A girl joins the conversation.

"Brainwashing. Sounds villainous when you say it."

Shinso then finally speaks up.

"Well, to be honest...I've always wanted to be a hero."

PRESENT

PRESENT.

Shinso: I forgive you.

Izuku: Wh-Wha? Why? I was out of control, I-I-I c-couldn't even come to your aid after I'd hurt you.

Shinso: But you wanted to. Your being out of control was probably just a response to the deactivation of the brainwashing, right? Midoriya, you are so blessed to be born with such a Quirk. It may be a bit...scary. But even so, I think it's fitting of a hero.

Izuku put his head down, he couldn't really afford to say too much at this point in time.

Shinso: My Quirk. It's always put me at a disadvantage. It's why I applied for General Studies, too. I had a feeling it wouldn't be enough to get me into the hero course.

Izuku: But you're ability is fascinating. I mean just think about all the applications of your Quirk. Intel, interrogations... With the right equipment and training, you could-

Shinso: I'm not sure I'd stand a chance. I saw the replays of you, Bakugo and that kid with Ice abilities. You're leagues above...

Izuku: Nobody is born equal...

Shinso: My arm is healed, but I'm feeling drowsy from Recovery Girl's treatment.

Izuku: So you're...

Shinso: I'm telling you to get out, yes. And thank you. Thank you for paying me a visit. Just because I'm not gonna get the chance, doesn't mean you shouldn't. Go win this thing.

Izuku nodded, and ran out of the room, maybe there was a chance he wasn't disqualified.

He arrived back at the waiting room, where his classmates and All Might were still gathered.

Uraraka: Deku, you're back! No one's fighting right now, because Present Mic called for a brief intermission.

All Might: Young Midoriya. You will be allowed to compete again. After all, you're still in training. It's okay to not have complete control over yourself and make mistakes. The people watching seemed to have calm down too, realising that you're just another kid who hasn't mastered his Quirk.

Aizawa: You can't afford to keep making mistakes, though.

Izuku: M-Mr. Aizawa! When did you get here?