18. Hold Those Headbands!

FWOOSH!

Iida had zoomed past him and taken the headband too. It was almost like a slap to the face for Izuku.

 It was almost like a slap to the face for Izuku

Izuku: I wasn't even fast enough to react...How...

Even Todoroki appeared stunned, along with Kaminari and Yaoyorozu. The speed at which he'd moved was simply unfathomable.

Todoroki: Iida...what...was that?

Iida: My Recipro Burst. I forced the torque and RPM of my engines into overdrive, allowing me to move fast with explosive power. I told you, didn't I Midoriya?

He looked head on at the greenete, who was visibly shaken.

Iida: ...That I'd challenge you.

1 MINUTE EARLIER

Izuku: This is good guys. We just need to-

Tokoyami: WATCH OUT!

The team forcibly pulled back to avoid an ice pillar. It felt cold, of course, but not just in terms of temperature.

There, Todoroki and his team stood.

Todoroki: I'll be taking that headband of yours, now.

Izuku clenched his fist and raised it in the air.

Izuku: COME GET IT!

Meanwhile, it would appear Team Bakugo were struggling, as they had barely any points. Still, not even in the top four.

Kirishima: Bakugo. We're la-

Bakugo: DON'T TELL ME WE'RE LACKIN' POINTS SHITTY HAIR! I KNOW DAMMIT!

He then felt a headband being torn from his forehead in one swift motion, turning to meet another blond, with sullen eyes and a calm demeanour.

Bakugo: HEY! GIVE IT BACK!

Monoma: Tch. Ah, it is a shame that you Class 1-A hotshots were too embroiled in your own competitions. It would seem you've forgotten about the rest of us.

Kirishima: Bakugo, take him!

Bakugo: DAMN YOU!

He charged and fired an explosion from his palm, but it was deftly blocked.

Bakugo: What?

Kirishima spun to aid Bakugo in his counterattack but then an explosion was fired in his face.

Kirishima: Explosion? Bakugo, he has the same Quirk as you!

Monoma: Wow! Such a powerful Quirk.

Recovering from the recoil of the explosion, he swiftly touched a tuft of Kirishima's hair.

Bakugo tried again this time, determined not to miss, but it was blocked again...this time rather head on.

this time rather head on