8. The Next Holder of One For All?

Izuku woke up in U.A's hospital wing, not really knowing what'd happened.

Recovery Girl: That battle took a lot of you. Guess the fatigue comes with being a werewolf.

Izuku: Yeah...WAIT WHAT?!

Recovery Girl: Calm down...I know all about it! So does All Might, but we've agreed to keep this under wraps.

Izuku: Thank you. Does my mom know I'm here?

Recovery Girl: Yes, she was informed. You're welcome to rest here for another two hours, but then you gotta get yourself home!

Izuku: Understood, and thank you.

She gave him a smile and exited, leaving him alone in the bed. He got up and decided to enter the classroom to see if he'd left anything behind.

He opened the door and - everyone was here?!

Kirishima: Hey, it's Midoriya! I dunno what you were saying in that match, but you looked really fired up!

Sero: I can't believe you held your own against Bakugo. The dude is strong!

Ashido: You did a great job dodging!

Sato: You really raised the bar, so none of us held back in our matches either! That howl or roar thing you did was nuts!

Kirishima: I'm Eijiro Kirishima! This is Hanta Sero.

Aoyama: More importantly I'm Yuga Aoya-

Ashido: I'm Mina Ashido!

Tsuyu: Tsuya Asui, but please, call me Tsu.

Sato: Rikido Sato!

Izuku: Woah, it's nice to meet you all...

Mineta: I'M MINETA!

Izuku took a moment to appreciate all of this. He couldn't believe he'd be getting to work with such, cool unique people.

Kaminari and Ochaco walked in, side by side, carrying books.

Kaminari: Hey, you wanna get a bite to eat? What kinda stuff do you like?

Ochaco: Well, anything sweet I guess- *gasp* Deku! Glad to see you're awake now!

Izuku: Thanks. I'm wondering though. Where is Bakugo?

Ochaco: You just missed him. We tried to stop him from leaving.

Izuku ran out of the class in a hurry, leaving his classmates confused. He jumped down all the flights of stairs and ran out onto the main grounds, where he saw Bakugo walking.

Izuku: Hey! Bakugo! There's something I need to tell you.

Bakugo slowly turned around, his eyes piercing into Izuku with every second that went by.

Izuku: He's scarier than the Alpha...

You have a right to know what's going on...I wasn't hiding my Quirk from you. This unnatural power. It was given to me. Forcefully, to be honest.
I'll master it though. And I'll become strong enough to face you again!

There was silence for a few seconds, and then Bakugo spoke.

Bakugo: Did you come here to rub it in? Even that creation girl knew the way I acted was stupid. I watched the Ice guy and realised I couldn't beat him either in a head to head battle!

He was visibly becoming more upset as he spoke.

Bakugo: DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT!

He tightened his fist and lifted his head to make eye contact with Midoriya again.