2

Beerus held the girl in one hand while having his other on Whis' shoulder so he would be pulled in the warp with him. "You know my Lord, that was very strange of you to decide to take the girl. Might I ask what your motivation is?" Beerus had to think. He honestly didn't quite know himself. As he thought, he did come up with a plan.

"The previous Gods of Destruction for the Universes six and seven chose Champa and me as children to be their successors. This girl clearly had a respect for the gods that I had not seen in a while, not even by adults. And thus, she may as well be rewarded. Plus, I needed to punish Vegeta somehow for his disrespect, and seeing his face when I took his daughter was more satisfying than just blowing up the planet somehow." Beerus ranted to his attended.

"I am guessing you wish for me to train her when you go back to sleep?" Whis asked. "Yes. But I supposed I can stay awake a bit longer to help, but eventually, I am going to sleep." The rest of the way to Planet Beerus was a bit quiet, except for the occasional whining about hunger coming from Beerus. After a half-hour, they reached the Planet and set the girl down on the grass, before getting something to eat while waiting for her to wake up. As they finished, Whis sensed the girl's energy start to stir. The two made their way back and stood above her as she finally woke.

Selere felt a bit sore but confused as she felt soft grass under her instead of her bed. She opened her eyes and saw the Angel and God standing a yard or two away from her. She looked in mild fear as the setting around her was not that of Planet Vegeta. "Before you say anything, I want to make one thing clear," Beerus stated, eyeing the young Saiyan. "You have been taken to my planet to train under myself and Whis. I do not want to hear any sort of complaints about missing your family or the training being too hard or anything. No mortals have ever come to my sacred planet before. Don't you even think about complaining when I spared your planet's life and bestowed on you the opportunity to become greater than what you would have on Vegeta. Am I understood?" Beerus looked serious, and Selere just nodded, not wanting to mess anything up more than she already had. "Good. Whis will give you better clothes to train in and will show you around and give you some chores, while I take a small nap before your training begins." The god walked off, leaving the girl looking scared up at Whis.

"Don't worry Selere, you will get used to his harshness as time passes. Come along now." Whis showed the girl to a room that she could stay in, as she was now living here. It was in a wing of the building that was rather unoccupied so she would have a lot of privacy. She was left to put on a gi that looked like one of the Kai's. She took her old Saiyan clothes and tucked them in a drawer. She knew she would probably not wear them anymore, but she felt a need to keep something to remember her family. That is when everything started to sink in. 

Was her family ok? Beerus was giving her Father quite the beating over the pillow, and Vegeta was stuck on the floor last she remembered. Beerus did say that Planet Vegeta was left alone, so at least that was ok. But she knew she couldn't dwell on stuff much. Whis was waiting for her, so she had to move on. She sighed, put her hair in a ponytail, and went outside. Whis then started to show her how she was to wash dishes, clean around the house, and help keep up the gardens when she was not training. After the walk around the planet, her tummy grumbled. Whis looked down and smiled before taking her back to the kitchen. He gave her some food that she had never seen before. She took the utensils and took a weary bite, then her eyes went wide. This food was delicious. She tried to remember her manors as she ate the food rather quickly but was only semi-successful. "Thank you Whis!" She said to the Angel, who smiled.

~~~

A couple of years later, Selere was training with Whis. Beerus had just gone to sleep after talking with the oracle fish. He told Whis to report her position as Universe 7's God of Destruction in Training once she was a bit older. She was trying to land a hit on her instructor, who was also making her learn to dodge when suddenly, she was overflown with dread and sadness. The temporary distraction allowed for Whis to hit her back and into the ground below, making a small crater. She got up and Whis fixed the ground before looking at the 9-year-old. 

"What is wrong Lady Selere. You seemed to be focused, but all of a sudden you stopped. You do realize what could have happened if I was a really trying to kill you? This has never happened before" he looked at the girl in disappointment and concern. Selere looked up, tears brimming the corners of her eyes. "Somethings wrong Whis. I don't know what it is, but something is seriously wrong." She tried to think of what it could be. Everything felt fine. Her training was going exceedingly well. Her power was increasing exponentially, making both Whis and Beerus proud of her development. She was even in line to be a God. What could be wrong?

Whis pulled out his staff to check over her. He then looked at the ball on his staff and checked something else. "I see what the problem is." The girl looked up at him, desperate for information. "It would seem that Frieza has made the decision to blow up Planet Vegeta." Selere's expression turned from concern to devastated. She didn't understand, "have the Saiyans done anything wrong to him? I thought all we did was serve him? Why would he blow up the Planet?" She asked. Then, her questions got more personal as she remembered her family. "Whis, is my family ok?" She asked, the tears now going down her face. 

"Both Prince Vegeta and Tarble were off the planet on a different mission. However, King Vegeta, along with a majority of the Saiyan race, was killed in the blast. As for the reason, Frieza was recently asking about the Super Saiyan and seemed to be scared of it appearing." He stated blandly. "But there hasn't been a Super Saiyan in thousand of years! He just blew up the planet for a stupid myth?!" She yelled at no one in particular. She hadn't seen her father in five years, but she felt furious. Frieza blew up a civilization that did nothing but serve him because he believed a stupid myth. It was stupid. It was childish. It was enraging to her. She knew Beerus blew up planets for silly reasons like food, but that was at least impersonal and for the good of the universe. Frieza did it out of fear for the people he ruled. Her father died for no reason. She screamed and let everything out. 

"hmm. It would seem the Super Saiyan is more than a myth." Whis commented. Selere looked up at him confused. He chuckled and made a mirror appear in front of her. She looked in surprise at her hair was now golden and defying gravity. "While the demise of your father is unfortunate, it seems your anger at Frieza has allowed you to turn into a Super Saiyan. Your power has certainly increased. We best continue our training though. While it is sad what happened, we must not dwell on the past." Selere wiped off her face and nodded. She swore that if she ever saw Frieza again, she would avenge her people. With this new motivation, she went back to sparing with Whis, now her speed and power excelling more than ever.