8

"I beg your pardon," Selere responded. Goku seemed to smile more. "Can I fight you? Pretty please?" Selere chuckled a bit at the male Saiayn's eagerness and the innocence that filled his eyes. "Why would I want to fight you? You have done nothing to piss me off, nor are you a threat to my being." Goku's happy expression switched to be more begging. 

"Come on! I really want to test my strength to see how I measure up and how much farther I can go in my training! I train with Whis all the time and I want to see how it has paid off, plus you are another Saiyan! Vegeta is always so grumpy and I always win against him so I can never see how far I can go. With you, I can, and I want a challenge." Selere laughed more, now being joined by Whis. "Goku, even if we do fight, I am not giving you my all. It takes so much energy just to get to, plus I generally have to be pretty into the fight. Plus, in a few days, you are going against fighters from a whole nother universe. Surely you can test your strength there."

Goku started to look more desperate to the female. "But that is days away! And I want to fight everyone." Selere paused a moment to think, closing her eyes in the process. "Please, you aren't really going to fight him, are you Selere?" Beerus commented in a bored tone. Whis smirked and looked at the god he was assigned to attend. "I do remember you giving in on North Kai's planet, my Lord," the angel noted, to which Beerus glared. "Shut up!" Selere finally opened her eyes.

"If the Universe 7 team manages to win against the Universe 6 team, I will give you a chance to fight me. However, I am not going to just power up all willy-nilly. For every ten hits, you successfully land on me, I will power up. How does that sound?" Selere asked. Goku's face lit up as he hugged her. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Selere rolled her eyes and pushed the male Saiyan off of her. "Yeah, yeah, calm down. You still have to win." Goku nodded, though he was still smiling like a goof. Selere looked to the side as the blue-haired Earthling sat next to her. 

"So, you're Vegeta's sister. It's nice to meet you, I'm his wife," Bulma explained as she stuck out a hand. Selere looked at it before smiling a bit and taking it. "Glad he was able to find someone that would put up with his attitude. In forty years it still remains pretty bad," Selere chuckled, earning a smile from the bluenette. "He can be a handful, but he always comes through. You got anyone special?" Selere shook her head then explained, "Nah, I don't really get off the planet too much. Though, some rulers on planets that need to be destroyed have tried offering their sons to me to try and save their planet while I was training with Whis. They weren't quite my type though." Selere laughed. "And what is your type?" 

Selere paused to consider Bulma's question, but then just shrugged. "I don't know, never met someone that caught my eye." Bulma's eyes widened. How did this supposed Goddess never have a crush on someone? "Not one?" Bulma asked, only to receive a head shake "no." "I am usually more focused on training. Plus, I am probably going to outlive most of the people I come across, so there isn't really a point in getting attached to one person." Selere told the bluenette, who was still carrying a look of surprise. 

"I guess that makes sense, but it sounds like a lonely life," Bulma noted. "Maybe. But I still have Whis. If I do end up finding someone, though, I'll let you know" Selere winked.

---

After Vegeta returned with all seven of the Dragon Balls, Selere watched in awe as they summoned the Dragon. She found it amazing at the size of it and how the light on Earth seemed to dim, however, it's response of not knowing the location of the last Super Dragon Ball was underwhelming. Its power was not so unlimited as it claimed, she guessed. She did feel bad that Beerus wanted to just send it away, so she did opt to make a wish so as to not waste its time. 

"I wish for a delicious treat!" The Dragon seemed a bit hurt by the simplicity of her wish, however, granted it all the same. Better than nothing after all. The Saiyan Goddess smiled as a large chocolate ice cream sundae appeared in a large bowl in her hand. She smiled and sat down. "Hey, I want some!" Beerus yelled as he took a spoon. "You are the one that chose not to make a wish, my Lord," Selere noted as she pulled the dish closer to herself. 

"You wouldn't have even been able to make it if I didn't allow you to come along!" Beerus screamed, glaring at the red-haired woman. "Fine fine, I suppose you can have some" Selere chuckled as she handed him one of the spoons. Before Whis even had the ability to ask, she handed him a spoon as well, causing the angel to smile as the trio dug in.

Once the bowl was empty, Beerus leaned back and smiled. "We really must be going now," Whis commented, "We still have to tell Monaka about everything." Selere nodded and started to stand up, but was startled as Goku spoke up. "Woah, who is Monaka?" Selere had to force herself to make a straight face, knowing full well Beerus would have her head if she gave away how weak Monaka was.

"Oh, we didn't tell you? He is a warrior that Lord Beerus has chosen to fight for the team," Whis explained to the excited Saiyan. "You and Vegeta fill in the remaining two slots while we go get him," Beerus ordered, resting his hands behind his head. Goku pestered the god to try and get details, however, he only managed to piss off said god. "If you must know, he is the strongest opponent I have ever gone up against" Beerus lied. Selere tried to contain her eye roll as the other two Saiyans jumped at the information.

"You two didn't think you were the strongest, did you? I thought I made that clear when we first met. Not counting Selere, you are number two, Goku: second best." Goku slumped at the comment, then went back to his excited stance. Selere tuned out the rest of the conversation and walked over to Whis, waiting for Beerus to finish talking with the Saiyan. Within a few minutes, they were off to get Monaka.