Chapter 79 - What about Cindy?

The past three weeks were hectic and also a bit awkward, if you ask me.

Classes are going well, we're all back to our normal routines and everyone seems to be happy with their lives. Well, as happy as you can be after summer is gone.

I've been pretty busy with the clubs I joined and although I don't have time for anything else, as I'm exhausted with all the activities, I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would

It's nice to talk to people who have the same interests as you and they are helping me with tips to get the internship I want so much.

The toughest one is definitely the Newspaper, as Mads said it would be. She's not easy and her bossy tendencies get to the edge when we're talking about an article or something.

The awkward part is obviously about Noah. I'm glad to see that the changes I went trhough during summer are here to stay - I do feel more confident than ever - so I tried not to care too much and just live my life, like I don't have to see the guy I love every day.

What could I do after I found out that he moved on anyway? Nothing, right?

It's not only about seeing him that makes it weird, but there's something about the way he keeps staring at me. I'm sure his girlfriend wouldn't like to know that his eyes are constantly on his ex.

Really, every time I look, he's looking right back at me. Somehow, his eyes end up meeting mine and it sends chills down my spine.

It's just like old times, when we weren't even dating and I wondered what his problem was.

Well, being back to the routine also means that parties are here again. I find it funny to see the freshmen trying to blend with the rest of the college students, like this is the most awesome thing that could ever happen to them.

Flash news, college sucks!

I'm kidding, I like college. Apart from the drama that became my life, of course.

I never thought I'd say this, but I kind of missed our parties too. It's more about hanging out with everyone than anything else that I missed, but still.

When I look around the frat house that we're at now, it feels good to be here.

Noah still haven't arrived and I'm wondering if he's even coming. Maybe Cindy is the type of girl who doesn't like her boyfriend to go to parties, so that's why he's not here.

Ok, I need to stop thinking about Cindy. Every time I saw Noah on his phone, I kept wondering if he was texting her, so it just sucks.

So much for not caring too much, huh?

Although I've accepted that we're not together anymore, I can't seem to move on and seeing him every day is not exactly helping.

It seems to be a lot easier for him though. He treats me like any other friend, as if it's not awkward at all for him.

''Hey stranger.'' I hear a voice that I truly missed during summer, as I'm filling my cup with beer.

''I can't even say how much I missed you.'' I stand straight to hug Ryan and I don't let go of him for what feels like forever.

''You saw me on Monday.'' he laughs, but hugs me back.

We've been so busy with school that we barely had time to catch up, so although I saw him this week, we still didn't have enough time to hang out properly.

''I know, but you know how I hate Mondays, so what can I say? That didn't count, so it's been longer that I actually saw you."

''You're so weird. I guess all the italian spaghetti you ate wasn't good for your brain.'' I smack his arm playfully.