Chapter 88 - I have a surprise for you

The end of the night was indeed embarrassing, at least for me. 

My dad told Noah stories I'd rather forget and I made my best not to make annoyed comments about how he didn't give a shit about me back then.

I didn't want to ruin the moment.

The next day, as we drove back to campus, Noah told me the next steps of what they will be doing.

Basically, Noah will be staying at his penthouse for the next couple of weeks to organize everything. My dad will meet him there in a few days, so they can both meet David to talk about it.

Let me tell you, it won't be fun for them. I can already see the wrath that David is going to show them, so I hope they make it alive.

God, I'm so dramatic. It probably won't be that bad. Or it will, who knows?!

Well, I don't know, what I know is that I won't be there for that moment, that's for sure. I don't want to die young.

As for me, I won't stay with him at the penthouse - and honestly, I don't want to go - because I have the photography exhibition and countless assignments to finish. I don't want to miss classes and risk my grades if I'm going to spend time alone at the apartment while he works.

I have my life as well and that's what I'm focusing on, my grades and my own projects.

The moment I'm thinking about the next assignment I have due tomorrow, my phone rings an an unknown number pops up on the screen.

Without giving too much thought, I answer it.

"Is this Emma White speaking?"

"Uhn, yes, how can I help you?" A girly voice is on the other line.

"This is Sarah Jones, calling from The Boston Globe." I almost fall off the chair.

The Boston Globe? It's my dream place to work for since I decided to go to Boston College.

My heart starts beating fast wondering why they are calling me. I might have a feeling there's something to do with the internship application I made while I was in Italy. It seems like it was a long time ago, so I'm not sure.

I was sort of feeling bold one day, so I decided to apply to be an intern there. I didn't give it a second thought as I never thought it could actually happen.

"As you know, we have a good internship program and we have received your application. Unfortunately at that time, we weren't exactly hiring. Well, the good news is that we have an open position and we're interested in your profile."

Oh my God, oh my God, oh my freaking God! Play it cool, Emma.

"Oh, that's great, really great." I take a deep breath trying to control my nerves.

"We'd like to meet you to discuss about it and see if there's a fit with what we're looking for. Would you be available to come to our office for an interview, let's say, on the twentieth?"

Twentieth? That's on Monday. I have the photography exhibition on Friday, then I'm going to stay with Noah for the weekend, so Monday is actually perfect as I'll be in downtown already.

"Yes, yes, that would be great." Stop saying great, Emma.

"Awesome. I have your e-mail on the CV, so I'll send you the details. Just please confirm that you have received it, ok? I'll see you soon, Emma."

I say great one more time and after countless thank you's from my side, we hang up before I start jumping like crazy around the room.

I can't believe this is actually happening. My dream internship might become a reality and I'm only a sophomore!