Chapter 89 - Is this about Cindy?

There's one thing I'm grateful for.

The fact that Noah's penthouse is big enough so no one can hear us. I mean, we definitely need to learn how to keep things quiet, because what happened last night was... wild, to say the least.

If Noah hadn't told me that he was tired, I wouldn't have believed him, because he didn't seem tired at all, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, when I woke up this morning, he was still sleeping, which is unusual. Normally, he wakes up earlier than me and goes running or working out.

I guess he is tired after all.

I look at my side and find his perfect features, as he takes a deep breath in his sleep.

I force myself to stop looking at his naked torso and also his body parts, that are covered with the thin sheet, because let's be honest, he is too hot and it makes me want to do more than just stare.

Damn, I need to stop acting like a hormonal teenager.

I make my way downstairs, decided to cook him breakfast and after a few minutes trying to find everything I need, I get down to it.

"Good morning, sunshine." It's been about twenty minutes that I'm in the kitchen when his voice fills the room and I can't help but smile.

"Someone is in a good mood." He hugs me from behind and kisses my shoulder.

"It smells great in here." He stares the plate as I put the fresh pancakes on it.

"I'm making pancakes, the bacon is almost ready and I'll do the eggs next."

"I could get used to this." I smile, as he takes the pan out of my hand to help me with the eggs.

We dig in all the food and after we're full, we lean back on the stool chairs and I take a deep breath.

I definitely ate too much.

"So, what are the plans for the weekend?" I question, excited that he'll get to spend time with me and not working. I'm making my mission to help him rest.

"Actually, I wanted to talk to you about it." His voice suddenly changes to a more serious tone and he sits straight on the chair, as if preparing himself to tell me something. "Cindy is in town. I thought we could meet her."

So this is why he became so weird all of a sudden.

I look at him and don't say anything for a moment.  I'm actually questioning her motives for wanting to meet me. I know she's not really supportive of me. Well, maybe she doesn't want this as much as I don't and it's just Noah pushing for us to get along.

What if she tries to convince him that I'm not good enough for him and at the first opportunity tries to introduce him another friend of hers, like apparently she's done all summer?

It would piss me off.

"Emma?" He calls my name as I still don't say anything, I barely even blink.

I give it a second thought, but before I change my mind, I finally let out.

"Fine. We can go meet her."

"Really?" He looks too surprised. "That will be great, I'm sure you two will get along well."

Told you. He'll push for it, but sorry Noah, I can hardly believe that is possible.

I guess one of the reasons I'm agreeing to this is because of what people say. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, right?