Chapter 87 - Sure you don't

Emma's POV

Ok, I won't deny that I'm freaking the hell out.

The reason why? We're in Noah's car, on our way to visit my dad in Hellertown. It's a simple and normal thing, or at least it should be, but the fact that every time Noah and I go to my home town something bad happens is making me nervous.

The last time, I practically kicked him out and we stayed two months without any contact. The time before that, he was supposed to go with me, but that didn't happen and I was feeling miserable.

Going home shouldn't trigger me that way, but unfortunately, it does. Noah has been reassuring me the entire way there - and we're talking about a four hours drive -  that it will be ok and that nothing is getting between us again, but you know, sometimes it's hard to let go of things that hurt us in the past.

Ever since that night he came back from his conversation with his dad and told me what happened, things got crazy busy.

The next step of whatever he has in mind is to talk to my dad to plan the product launch and that's why we're going there in the middle of the week.

It's not only Noah that is thrilled, but my dad is also over the moon as they've been expecting to do it for a while now, but stopped only because of me, what I took as a sign that they care enough about me to put this business idea aside.

''You're finally here.'' We hear my dad's voice as we enter my house. It feels a lot like dejavù and I only smile at him.

''Hi Alfred.'' Noah gives my dad a quick, but warm hand shake as they make their way to the living room, with me on their toe.

I'm pretty sure they just didn't get down to business straight away because I'm here.They have both been acting like excited kids the past couple of days so I know they are holding back and acting cool because of me.

''How's college going?'' My dad asks and I almost roll my eyes, for no reason in particular. I just know it's not the real topic he wants to talk about.

Noah sits next to me on the couch and grabs my hand, intertwining our fingers together.

''It's great actually. Busy with classes and the clubs. That photograph exhibition I told you about is already next week.''

The photograph club I'm now part of, is working like crazy on a photo exhibition that is going to be sponsored by National Geographic. Can you believe it? I mean, it's really a big deal for us and I'm very excited about it. It gave us a lot of work to pull it off, but we did and we're so proud of it.

''That's wonderful, Emma. I'm sure it will be great. I'm sorry I can't be there.'' He has an important work event, so he can't make it, plus the product thing with Noah.

It would have bothered me at some point, but I'm past that, so it's fine that he can't go. I know he supports me even though he won't be there. 

''It's ok, dad. I know you have that dinner and also you guys have a lot of work to do.'' Noah and my dad exchange looks and I get their silent message. ''Alright you two. Enough with the chit chat. Go ahead and do what you need to do.''

''What?'' Noah looks at me with an eyebrow raised, like he doesn't get what I'm saying, but deep down I know that he does. My dad has the same expression and I almost laugh at them.

''You want to talk business and plan the product or whatever you need to do, so go to your office or I don't know, wherever you need to go to work on it. It's ok, I don't mind.''

''Are you sure? We can talk about that later.'' It's my dad's turn to pretend that they're not dying to get to work.

''Yes, I'm sure. Just go.'' My dad stands up excited with my sort of permission and starts making his way to the office, telling Noah to follow him on the way.