xxi. the renaissance (II)

[ debussy - la mer ]

JENNIE.

Aggravating.

It was an aggravating arrival to say the least. We booked a whole concord plane to New York since everyone was expecting our quick landing. Chaeyoung here decided to be impulsive and took the whole flight for ourselves.

Apparently, she just wanted this get over with so we could go back to Deauville again and pretend we never knew New York.

"Babe. I was thinking. Can we give Ella a quick tour of the city? Or take her on a walk to Central Park?" I prompted out in mid air as Chaeyoung was busy figuring out the agreement paper that her secretary prepared for us.

We were now in the hotel that my family owned. I had to kick out the tenant of the largest suite in the place last minute because we were coming. Just a few hours and the conference will begin at the city hall. We'll be meeting our parents again, some bunch of city officials and the rest of the business tycoons who wants to save their company investment.

And now about the invitation that I spoke to her, she paused in the middle of her meddling and just stared at me with an unreadable expression. "We don't need to have memories of coming here, Jennie. Ella doesn't need that." Her words bit me.

"It's no big deal, i mean, she's five. Kids can easily forget." I shrugged my shoulders in reason.

"Do you see her reactions when we mention New York? She thinks this is fucking Disneyland." I saw her wincing out of grave disapproval. 

"Bu-" My rebuttal was interrupted when a loud budge in the door caught our attention. 

It was Jisoo. My best friend. Barging in with nonchalance. "Oh thank god, you're here!" She raised her palms up in the air, as if thanking the heavens for receiving salvation.

"Jisoo!" Seeing her face made my heart smile, I then approached to embrace her. "I missed you!"

"I missed you too, housewife." Jisoo managed to tease.

After saying our greetings and brief small talks, we had to settle in and discuss what we should do during the meeting.

Apparently Jisoo found the reason why New York was in this fiscal mess at the first place, she had undergone an investigation hoping they could find alternative resolutions for the problem, so she spoke. "Five years ago some of the business tycoons have decided to manipulate their city tax obligation and have rendered documents that stated they have fully pay their dues every year when the reality was they've never given a cent to the city ever since. When the time came that the public service demand escalated, the local government surprised themselves of the lack of funds that they had. So they had to lend money from banks, but It just gotten worse and worse, the deficit has on its widest gap that it even affected those fraudulent tycoons that caused this in the first place."

"And who are these assholes?" I asked with eyebrows pointing at each other.

"I believe Park Chanyeol has been leading this illicited action. Ever since he got his heir rights to their sports company, he had been so duplicitous with his business endeavors, even the elite society can't touch him." Jisoo raveled.

"Oh god, when will that man die." I heard Chaeyoung curse as she placed her palm on her head, in frustration.

"Girl, I've been waiting too." Jisoo doubled the biting sarcasm on her tone.

Knowing this ignited my hatred towards the man who didn't had the slightest shame on his body. I had to do something to stop him. At least I could avenge Lisa.