Chapter 1: SECRETS

Neel's POV:

"He ran away...don't worry the bullet scratched my hand...yeah, I am fine... ok...no I am coming...yeah" I hang up the phone looking at the time. 9 pm. It was my fault. I should have taken the car. Now I have to walk. I was passing by a park when I heard a small girl's voice "that's my mom". I turned to saw a girl of 5 years maybe was standing with a gorgeous girl. Her back was toward me. Her brown hair were laid down which was flying at some intervals because of wind. "Oh, that's your mom" I heard her angelic voice. "Mommmyyyyy" the girl cried and ran toward a woman at her late twenties. "Oh baby, where were you? I was so scared." The woman cried hugging the girl. "Ma'am she got lost" the angelic voice replied. The woman got on her feet "thank you so much. My name is Angela Davis" the woman stretched her hand. "You can call me Kat, nice meeting you" the girl replied shaking the hand.

Kat.

"Will you go on a dinner with us, Minnie will love to" Angela said making the small girl which we know as Minnie squeaked with enjoyment. "I'm sorry but I have to go now" Kat replied. "Bye Minnie" "bye" Minnie replied back. The woman and the girl left while Kat watched them leave. When they were out of sight, she turned toward me.

From front she looks more beautiful. She has a unique shade of green eyes looking directly at me. Her soft lips parted in a gasp. She ran toward me saying something but my mind was so busy to consider her words. She pulled me toward a park bench by my wrist and forced me to sit. Her lips were moving rapidly like she was scolding me but my mind was unable to register it. Another wave of wind blew making her hair scatter on her face. Without knowing my hand made its way to her face sliding her hair behind her ear. She froze then looked at me. After some seconds, she snapped her finger in front of me making the spell break.

"Did you hear any words I said?" she asked annoyed but her voice was still musical to my ear. She waved her hand in front of me making me snap out of my thoughts yet again.

"Yes" I wanted to sound like a statement but it came out like a question. She rolled her eyes talking out her phone. "Give me anyone's number who can help you" she demand. "Why?" "Because Mr." She started "I don't think you are in your right mind. You have wounds on your hand and you are lost in your thoughts. I don't think you can go home on your own"

"That's no problem; I can go on my own" "are you sure?" "Yes" "I have dressed your wound but make sure to change the bandage when you go home" she ordered. I nodded. Wow, Mr. Neel Fernandez, the youngest but toughest gangleader talking orders. This sounds foreign to my ears. I looked up. She was gone. Vanished. I tried to search but can't find her. It was like a dream. I looked at my hand; she had bandaged my hand with a blue scarf.

No, that was not a dream.

***

"So that's how he ran away giving you that wound" my best friend and my most trusted member of my gang Ryan asked. I nodded. "So, how did you ended up with that blue scarf?" he asked talking me off guard. He was helping me dressing my wound.

"Umm...its-"I started but he cut me. "It belongs to someone whose name starts with K" he commented. "How do you know?" I asked, confused. "I know everything. Now tell me who this K is?"

"Kat" I said closing my eyes, remembering her. Her eyes, nose, lips, hair. "She is beautiful"

He chuckled. Oops, did I say that loud. "Actually I was saying that..." I snatched the scarf from his hand "...that..." my eyes fell on the letter written at the side of the scarf "...so that's how you got to know her initials"

"Yup, spill. I want every detail" he giggled. "You know you are sounding like a little teenage gossip girl" I said walking to my dresser putting my pistol in it. "Don't change the subject Neel" "she was just a random girl who helped me when she saw my cuts. She dressed the wound and bandaged it with that scarf. Happy" I said putting my watch on the dresser, turning toward him. "Very loverboy" he said and ran off my room.