CHAPTER 11: Glimpses Of Past

Kat's POV:

"I went inside the meeting room. The room has two long tables where people can sit at either sides but we being less in number, so the boys took one of the table. Everybody was already present. They were sitted in their usual seat with Neel at the head seat ot one end. When I entered everyone turned to look at me. I ignored them and made a beeline toward Neel. I stood exactly close to Neel.

"Get up" I ordered. He gave me a confused look. "I. Said. Get. Up." He stood up. I sat on the chair. I motion Neel to sit on any chair. He did. I leaned forward in my seat placing both hand in front of me on the table interlinking them and started. "We have gathered here because you all wanted to know about my past. You all became so desperate that you don't even bother to ask me about it." I took a deep breath and said the next thing calmly. "I have some conditions you have to follow if you want to know my story"

"And the are" Jake said confidently like he wanted to test me.

"They are, one, once I will start to tell my story, no one will interrupt me. If you have any questions, it will be answered at last. Two, I want pin drop silence when I am narrating the story. Third, I don't want to see any pity, sympathy or any other emotions related to this. Fourth, I don't want to hear any shitty thing like 'sorry' or 'that's so sad'. Fifth, once we left the room after hearing my story, I want noone to discuss about it or talk about it. Once you leave the room, you will forget about what I said. Is that clear?" I pause for them to absorb these conditions. When I got no response I again asked them quiet louder "am I clear?" "Yes" some replied while others nodded. "Now I want Nick to put out lights"

"Why?" Nick asked.

"Just do it" I said quiet calmly but dangerously. He nodded and went to put out the lights. Others were looking at me like I have grew two heads. They had never seen this side of mine but today, on my birthday the got to see my new side. I will never forget this day.

I heard the screech of the chair indicating that Nick has took his place. I turned around to look at the window. Today was full moon day. Some of the lights were coming inside but I was glad that none of that none of the light was falling on my face. It was only falling on my leg. Someday I had to tell them the truth but I never knew that today, on my 18th birthday I had to do it. I took a long breath. It's now or never. I started "everybody start their story when they were born but today I am going to start my story when my mom died..." I sigh "...I had a small, happy family consists of me, dad and mom. We were happy in our small world but everything come apart when I was 3. My mum had cancer. My dad was a doctor. He tried very hard to bring back my mum to me but failed. I was so small to know where my mum is. I often heard my father crying whenever I asked him about my mum. He loved her so much also he thinks because of him mum was not with us. He punished himself too because of it..." I blinked my eyes to contain my tears "...one day I heard from school that my mum has died. I asked that night my father that did she really died! He raised his hand toward the sky and said 'that star which is the brightest of all is your mother' " I said pointing toward the star out of the window.

"Sometimes later I started to ask ' when will mom come back from being a star' my dad's eyes got watery everytime I asked him that. Eventually I stopped. I excepted that my mom will never come back. Now only me and my dad left. We have no one except each other. I was born in Malicate. Me, my dad and mom often came here at the beach. After some years after mom's death we again started to come here.

"That day, my dad and me was playing in the sand when my dad got serious. He asked me ' Do I want a Mom'. I thought that my mom will come back so I eagerly said yes. Later I found out that dad was talking about a new mom, not my mom. I was 8 when father got married the second time. He didn't wanted to get married but he got married for the sake of me. He never knew that that was the biggest mistake of his life.