CHAPTER 13: LACE HEARTLESS

Neel's POV:

"I found myself in a small wooden house. I looked my side to find an old man sitting at my side who was maybe at his late 60s. He was called Mr. Denison. He was a good man. He said he had found me in the river on the outskirts of Malicate. His wife and daughter died in some car accident. Even though I heard his story, I never made myself to tell him my story. I never told my story to anyone before this. I never wanted anyone to know my story, but you guys just dug that out..." she sighs. "... By the way I just told him that I was running away from my abusive family. He started to take care of me like his daughter. I started to take self defence classes there. That was a small village. I slowly started to adapt to that environment. I found my second dad in him and he found a daughter in me. I was happy. I was content. I loved my new life. I was thankful to God to let me start a new life until one day. That day I was coming from self defense class when I saw two people were raiding the house. I hid behind the bushes to see what was happening. They were asking Mr. Denison about a girl. I didn't know if they were asking about me or not, but if that's true, I can't let them hurt another person because of me. Then I noticed the same symbol on their hand which every bloodshed gang members had. They were for me. But before I could do anything they pulled the gun and shot Mr. Denison in front of me. As a coward I am, I remain hidden there and let them raid the house, took the small valuables and violate them Mr. Denison's body. After they left, I went there to see the damage. I can never forget that day. I could have done something, but I didn't. I spend the whole night mourning on that dead body." She was silent for a minute. But then she spoke with a confidence, with determination. "At the funeral, I spoke. I spoke my full story to Mr. Denison's body which was six feet under the ground. That day I promised him and myself that I will take his and my revenge from that gang. Neel!" she called me.

"yes!"

"Do you remember Mandy Hasden!..." I remember he was the person we were following when the first time we met Kat. "...He was one of the r@pist. I have no guilt killing him. His death was written by my hands. I will kill the others too the same way I killed Hasden.

"Okay, Now tell the story until we met" Jake spoke.

"Calm down! I know you want to connect all the dots, verify my story blah blah. Have patience. I am going there. So where was I?"

"Mr. Denison's Funeral" Jake commented.

"I know that the headquarters of bloodshed gang is in Roliaden. My mission was to find a job and then investigate the gang about which I knew nothing. I got a job as a dinner girl. I got a house for rent too soon after. I managed to get into that gang a delivery person. Taking my chances, I started to gather information. In this way, I got information about Trent and reached the building where I met you guys. So..." She turned to face us "... That's the full story. Any questions? " Nobody said a word. "Okay then, I am off to bed. Good night" She said and started to go.

"Sis!" She stopped.

***  '\- ("/)-/' ***

KAT's P.O.V

"Any questions? " Nothing but silence was there. "Okay then, I am off to bed. Good night." I said leaving the chair. I almost near the door when Nick called out "Sis!"

Huh! I turned and got attacked by a hug. "I am sorry sis!"

"Uh, I-" Before I could say something, I got attacked by another hug from the side.

"I am sorry too." Alex said and withthat everybody hugged me except Tracey and Jake. I looked at them. Traceylooked at me and then joined the hug.

"I- I-" Jake started to saysomething, but Nick cut him "Just come Jake bro" and with that It wasmy second big Group hug.