CHAPTER 10: Disaster

Kat's POV:

"I always wanted to dress up my daughter like that but never get the chance but today my dream came true because of you" Mrs Gerald said looking at my reflection.

Mrs. Gerald's daughter had died in an accident when she was just 16. What I heard from her is that she was a very sweet girl who wanted to be a doctor but the accident killed both the dream and the dreamer.

I saw tears leaking through her eyes. I rubbed details from her face and said "don't worry, you can trust me. I am your daughter too." We hugged. After some time she pulled back. "No more cries, you are looking beautiful". I turned toward the mirror. The girl in the mirror was wearing a purple full sleeve gown with a Deep u cut at the back. The gown had collor with a button. Beneath that there is a diamond shaped cut which was showing a mild cleavage. The gown reached just above the knee. The girl's hair was opened. This side of a hair was styled and clipped at the back. A lock of hair was falling on her face. The girl was exact copy of me who wears top, jeans and jacket with hair in ponytail or just led down. I was a bit uncomfortable showing my skin but I wore it for Mrs. Gerald. My legs and back which is exposed was showing the scars of my past which I don't want to let anybody know. these scars had got fed but still is there physically and mentally. I hope no one notices my scars. I am glad I have long hairs which is let down as that will hide my back but my leg is bare. Mrs Gerald has weak eye sight to its easy to hid the scars from her.

Idea!!

I opened my bag and took out high heels gumboots which reached just below my knees, just perfect to hide the legs. Now, if my hairs remains where I want and wore those high heels then only my face, palm, a little bit of my back and knees will be exposed.

"Shall we?" Mrs Gerald folded her hand sideways to make a loop, I put my hand inbetween grinning at each other. "Also, now onwards call me Gary" I smiled at her and nodded.

I was feeling like a princess descending the stairs. It's only when I was just five steps up from the ground, I looked at the hall. Everyone was stareing at me. I felt a bit uncomfortable. A light blush spread on my face when my eyes got locked with Neel. My heart stopped. Everything stopped when I looked at Neel's deep blue eyes. He was wearing tux with messy brown hair. Well everyone was wearing tux but he was looking the most handsome of all. My heart started to race.

Isn't it weird that just a second ago my heart had stopped but now it's racing. This raised a question in my mind. Do I feel something for Neel? It's true I like Neel but do I feel something more than 'like' toward him!

"You can stare later when we reached the floor" Mrs Gerald whispered. I blushed at the statement.

"Is it really our wild cat who always wear top and jeans!" Alex stated when we came down.

"You are looking fucking sizzling hot. I just wish I would have a chance with you" Seb said coming toward me.

"Hey, that's my sis. Not your play toy" Nick exclaimed then turned toward me "sis, you are the looking very beautiful". I smiled and ruffled his hair. "Hey!" He pulled back and started to set his hair. We were laughing slightly on his behaviour when I saw Neel coming toward us. At the mean time Mrs. Gerald came in between with cake on a moving table.

"Sis come" Nick dragged me toward the cake. Others too soon gathered around the cake.

"Make a wish" Mrs. Gerald said. After so many years I was celebrating my birthday. It felt like I didn't have celebrated my birthday in ages. I roamed my eyes in my surrounding seeing everyone's happy face except one. Jake was not himself. He didn't even complemented me. He didn't even talking photos which he did in every now and then. I will ask him later.