CHAPTER 12: SHATTERED PAST

NEEL'S POV:

"DeAndre was alcoholic, smoker, a drug addict, so money was a big necessity for him. He often took loans from different people so often people came to demand money. This was the prime reason for DeAndre and Britney's fight. Britney often ended up giving money to them. That day was the same. Those three people broke inside the room knocking me out of the way demanding for DeAndre. They grab him from collar when DeAndre came. James was at his friend's house and Britney had went to shopping. DeAndre was pleading them to let him go. He also said that his wife is not home. She will pay the money when she will come but those people were deaf ear to him, threatening him. DeAndre started to look around desperately to get out from their grip. Suddenly his eyes fell on me. A creepy smile spread over his face. My heart stopped at that evil smile. Cold sweat started to form on my forehead. Even a fool can easily tell that he was thinking something which will be bad, very bad for me. He.. he o- offered me to them a- as their payment" she said the last line in short horror syllable.

She said again "I don't know what happened but the next thing I know I, I was dragged to my room by the two evil men. Soon the third entered and closed the door." She stopped again. A sob erupt from her but this time she didn't stopped it.

"I - I was so small to know what was happening. They - they shattered my clothes and -and..." She left the rest moving a hand on her cheeks.

I find my hand clenching at the thought that those creeps touching her. A sudden urge to protect that girl came in me. How can someone do that to a just 12 year old girl!

She again started with a strong voice "Then it has became a routine. Whenever DeAndre took money, he repays it by offering me to them. That was the worst feeling. First I was silent on my own will but as those incident started, I gradually became silent. Gradually DeAndre too started to touch me whenever he got any chance. While serving dinner or while cleaning the room. It was so disgusting. The feeling was so dirty..." she started to scrub her body as she said the last two lines.

"I started to hate myself. I wanted to cut each and every part of my body that they had touched. But then no body part would had left with me. This went for three years.

James started to feel the change in me. he didn't talk to me freely in front of his parents or even without them. He generally ignored me. But one day he asked me " what's wrong? "

"Nothing, I was just tired." he didn't buy it but didn't pushed it too. I was glad for that . But soon I started to feel that he remained close to me but also maintaining distance at the same time. I think you got what I mean. Again one day, again two people came and made their way with me. They usually came when Britney and James were not home. They dressed themselves up and went to talk to DeAndre. I put a new pair of clothes as previous ones were shattered. Suddenly I heard DeAndre called me. I had no choice but to follow his orders out at that second otherwise worst could have happened. So I hurried out.

That two evils had already left. DeAndre asked me to clean the table covered with bear bottles and glasses with ashtray and ashes and cigarette butts lying there. I grabbed a shattered cloth and started to clean the table. Suddenly I felt that the zip at my back was going down. I stiffed at the sensation. He started to feel my bare back. I got very much tensed at this gesture. Even getting such gestures for three years but still I can't able to get used to it. t was such a thing I will never get used to it. My eyes get caught on a broken bear bottle. That was my chance. It was now or never. And that day I got that chance. 'If I didn't did anything that day then my life would have continued to be as hell.' I said to myself and I did what I should have done many years ago.

I grabbed the bear bottle, turned around and pushed it into his stomach. Suddenly all the passed events came to my mind. My mother's death, my father's grief, his torturous death, my wasted time while locked in basement, Britney's torture, bully in school, loneliness, suffer, depression, the disgusting things being done with me, everything. Every. Fucking. Thing. flashed into my mind.