chapter 4: SPY-MARE

Neel's POV:

It's been a week since Kat shifted here. Her days were generally the same routine. Got up at early hours, make breakfast for us, at 11:30 goes out of the house to had 'library volunteer' job. Well this routine was for first four days since she shifted but from fifth day her schedule changed. She goes out at 8:00 a.m. Her nightmares, well they were constant for first 4 days. every night she would got up screaming due to her nightmares but from fifth day she didn't screamed at night. According to my first four day's observation I got to know that between 2:00 am to 3:30 a.m. she got up from her nightmares. So the fifth day I was up so that if she screams I would quickly rushed to her to calm her down. It was my advantage that my room was next to her too, but she didn't scream that night. Infact she didn't even screem after that night. you must be thinking how I remember the days. Well it has a reason. when she got up from the nightmare, everybody got up too. So the fifth day at dinner table :

"Hey sleepyhead getup" Seb nudge Tracey. He was yawning at the dinner table. "Sorry guys I can't got enough sleep" Tracy said with another yarn.

"Oh why? Wet dreams about your dream girl" Seb asked nugling him.

"Shut up, I am not you" Trace snapped.

"Then what?" Ryan asked.

"For past couple of days I can't able to get enough sleep because of Kat's nightmares" he said massaging his forehead.

"Oh, I see" Seb shrugged his shoulder.

"Hey sis" Nick exclaimed nervously making everybody froze. Yeah, Nick called her sis. Nick and Tracy are brothers. They had an older sister who died due to some gang things. Nick always wanted an older sister. When Kat came, he started to call her sis.

She plastered a smile on her face and came with our food.

"Here you go" she serve our food and sat down. Nobody had touched the food. Everybody was thinking 'did she heard that?' I again look at her. She took a spoonful up her food and shoved it in her mouth."This food is not that bad. You can start" she said to us. We also took a spoonfull of food and show it in our mouth  silently.

So, the fifth day, I was up at night to calm her as soon as she
screen but that day she doesn't. I waited but nothing had happened. I got up and went to her room to find that a faint light was coming from her room. I push the door slightly and saw she was doing something on her laptop. That explains her nightmares. I closed the door, didn't want to bother her. The next day or I can say the night, I got up to get some water from the kitchen. My room was next to her room so to go to the kitchen, I have to pass by her room. There was again that faint light. I knocked the door and went inside.

she looked at me like I have caught her doing something illegal. She got her composed back and slowly close the laptop. "Hey what's up ?" She Asked much more excitedly hiding her nervousness then she should.

"What are you doing at 3:00 a.m. ?" I asked.

"Oh, I-ah-I wast just gathering some information a..bout some books in the library" she said or she lied, Don't know but I had not pushed it. "You must be tired. You should sleep now" she said hurriedly.

"O-ok, night. If you want something call me" I said and close the door.

she had become a member of a small family. Everybody like her. On her second day, Nick ask her to play video games. It's very hard to win against Nick in video games but Kat, she beat him in 'rural car racing' game and some shooting game. She must be the first person to beat him. Once asked she said she used to play video games with her father. This statement arrived a question in my mind that we never asked her about her parents. On asking she said they are dead and change the subject. We too never pushed the subject.