String

Sam wasn't exactly sure how he'd gotten talked into this idea, but he blamed Gabriel for it.

Well, that wasn't exactly right. He blamed Charlie, for giving Gabriel this idea in the first place.

"It'll be fun!" Gabe had said. "It's like a team building thing or something. Let's just try it." Sam had agreed, so they had tied string to each other, and were currently stuck. But both boys, being extremely stubborn, were determined to figure a way out of this mess.

"Okay, we can do this," Gabriel declared. "What if I just-" He stepped forward, both of the strings dropping slack, and he dropped one of his hands between Sam's. It looked halfway undone, so Gabriel leaned over as far as he could, the strings still intertwined.

"GABRIEL." Sam objected the minute Gabe's eyes were level with the moose's waistband. 

"Just trying to problem solve, Sammoose," He replied innocently, standing back up. 

"I thought you had it-" Sam started.

"Oh?"

"SHUT UP. Maybe if you step over the string instead of bending around it..." Gabriel tried again, and somehow, after various mumbled swears and bickering, they ended up with Gabriel's string looped around Sam's neck, and Sam's string caught snugly between Gabriel's legs.

Gabriel opened his mouth for a smug comment, his eyebrows already waggling deviously. Sam's glare stopped him before he could speak.

"Not. A. Word." Sam said through gritted teeth as they untangled each other and tried again.

Sixteen failed attempts later, Gabriel stepped over Sam's string  and ended up with the moose's arms wrapped around him, strings untangled.

"WE DID IT!" Gabriel declared.

"Wonderful," Sam agreed, ditching Gabe and running for the nearest pair of scissors.

"YOU KNOW CHARLIE SAID WE WERE SUPPOSED TO HAVE LIKE A CUTE HUG MOMENT ONCE WE FIGURED IT OUT OR SOMETHING!"

"WELL I DON'T THINK IT TOOK CHARLIE AND JO THREE HOURS TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO UNTANGLE SOME STRING!"