Chapter 1

I'm running, through a beautiful open field, grass taller than I am, well taller than my wolf. I find a massive patch of beautiful daisy's and lay down. I can hear the pure symphony of the wild, crickets chirruping, leaves rattling, birds calling out that there's a bright chestnut wolf now rolling in the grass. It seems just magical and only in a dream state of mind

Then ...

I'm woken up from my happy place, with the biggest shock of my life. My once toasty body that was wrapped up in my blanket had been reduced to an icy water chill. The culprit, my brother Tim, is standing by the door with the biggest smirk on his face, waving at me.

"Morning sis, hope I didn't disturb you too much!"

And with that the little bastard runs off. Immediately I am out of bed prepared to rip that idiots smirk off his face, and maybe his hand for just throwing the water on me. I should really rip his head off for coming up with that idea too – screw it! Ill just kill him instead!

I run out of the room only to bump into the massive tanks arms that is Ryan, my father's beta and also my Uncle. Why are werewolf males so big?! Could he not see me running out my room, screaming that I was going to murder Tim? I mean I'm only 5'1 and of tiny build but still.

"Whoa, easy there Kara, no need to be so dramatic"

"Dramatic? Dramatic, did you see what that idiot did to me! Now let me go!"

With a blinding smile, he holds tighter onto my shoulders, making me struggle more.

"Only when you calm down, will I let you go"

With my teeth grinding together, fangs exposed and my eyes, which are most likely pitch black, I take a deep breathe, trying to calm my wolf down. Unless I LOOK like I've calmed down, there's no way Ryan is going to let me go. I inhale another deep breathe.

I look up at the Beta smiling and flutter my eye lashes', taking slow and steady breathes. In the sweetest voice I can muster up I reply to the beta

"I'm ok now, thank you"

"Well, I'm glad to, wait what?"

As soon as he loosens on my shoulders, I drop to the floor and roll between his legs and get up running. Idiot, how did he ever become a beta, if he's fooled by a 18 year old girl, fluttering her eye lashes and speaking politely? He's trained me so well.

Never mind, Tim has nearly a 5 minute start on me. Time to chase the moron down!