Chapter 20

I can't believe what I'm doing, although I'm not against my wolf's idea and it is certainly payback for what he did to me, I can't believe that I have attacked a strong Alpha and that I'm still alive.

Cain just looks shocked, but he hasn't moved. I don't see why he hasn't tried to attack me.

Out of nowhere my head has been struck and I'm thrown off of Cain. I turn round to look and see it's the wolf who I don't know, and in the background more wolves, who I also don't know have turned up. I am now seriously outnumbered, with a very pissed off Alpha.

Cain's wolf comes forward, his teeth clearly on display, yeah he's angry. He darts at me, and me being the fool I am, decided to take him on. We both end up striking out with our front paws and try to grab each other with our jaws. After a couple of minutes, I realise I'm still no match for Cain, yes I got a few claw and teeth marks on him but I'm severely out muscled by him and I'm getting really tired, being in heat isn't helping this matter either.

He managed to miss one of my paws that were aiming for his face, ducking below me and then putting all his weight into tipping me over and on to my back. His wolf towers over the top of me and puts his jaw to my neck. I shut my eyes he's actually going to kill me.

After a couple of seconds I reopen my eyes to stare at Cain's wolf, he's still got a hold of my throat but he's not clamping down properly. Of course – he's showing me a display of power, showing me that he could easily kill me, but he's being generous and not, how lovely of him.

My head starts pounding, I'm getting all these images of me and Cain, being in heat is messing me up big time, and his not in the best position either for the second time this night for ideas like that to be in my head. All the images disappear; I can hear Cain in my head

"Your very lucky today little one, next time ill add more scars to your neck if you behave like this again."

And he then releases my neck, and gets off me allowing me to roll over and sit up. I suppose since I'm now a member off his pack, he can invade my thoughts, yay!

"Everyone listen up. Most of us are going back to Alpha Tyler's house. Ronan and Jake will be escorting or dragging Kara, whatever she prefers to her pack doctor. I will be finalising the terms and condition of our deal with her dad."

Cain and the rest of his wolves get up and begin to leave; I'm left alone with Ronan and Jake, who I now know is his Delta.

I get up off the floor, but struggle to walk, in the fight Cain managed to grab hold of one of my front paws with his teeth, it's not broken, but bleeding quite a bit, at this rate it will take ages for me to stagger to the pack doctor, and I'm not shifting in front of these two randomers!

The two boys look towards each other and nod their heads, what are they up to? Jake runs up ahead leaving me and Ronan alone together, which make me, feel a lot happier.

Ronan trots up to the side of me and looks at my bleeding paw, he lowers his head and gets a bit to close for my liking, so I jump to the side and away from him.

He raises his eyebrows up and tries to come near me again, but once more I jump as best as I can away from him.

"Shift back"

Shift back?! Is he having a laugh? I don't even know him well enough to be near him on my own let alone fully naked!

"Who do you think you are to suggest that I shift back near you!"

He tilts his head to the side, letting out a little smirk and comes back and places his head near mine, I don't feel the need to move away this time, and I am feeling comfortable in his near presents. He's even brave enough to lick the side of my shoulder and place our heads together. Those amazing sparks return and my wolf lets out a groan of happiness.

"I knew you would feel that spark, now shift back for your mate"