Chapter 47

Shit, shit, shit! What did I ever do wrong to deserve this! This is not the place or the time to have a heat now. I don't even understand why I'm having one. Even though I was completely out of it last night, me and Ronan mated, we had sex, and I know I wasn't amazing at school but I'm pretty sure that means that ... no! We mated, but he didn't mark me! I'm still free for any unmated male to claim me.

With the thought of that in mind, I drag myself up and try my best to get to my room to look for my tablets to get rid of my heat.

I'm lucky I only stumble 3 times before I make it here, surprisingly no one saw me at all, which is very weird for a house of this size for no one to be walking round, maybe I didn't get the memo for something happening today. As I get into my room I lock my door, not that it would do anything but it make me feel slightly better than I'm in an enclosed room.

I find my pills in the top draw of my unit. I'm meant to take one, but this is an emergency, so I take 3. What's the worse that can happen?

I go and jump straight back in the shower, adjusting the temperature as low as it can go, it would normally make me jump straight back out from the freezing temperature, but it barely makes me settled. I brace myself against the wall, taking deep breathes to keep trying to calm myself down. Maybe I need to think of happier thought to get my mind off this retched curse that's befallen me

Happy thoughts!

Puppies and kittens

Sunshine

Chocolate

Really sexy mate, with loads of muscle, who would be a perfect for making pups ...

....

UH! This isn't working!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

45 agonising minutes later, it finally calmed down enough for me to walk without collapsing in pain. I did however leave the shower after 10 minutes, not that is was doing anything anyway. I just about managed to make it to my bed to snuggle up in the cover to look for any kind of comfort that it offered.

Against my better judgement I take 2 extra pills – just in case. Nobody needs to be in heat for when Cain gets back. Then I proceed to get ready for the second time today.

As I put my shoes back on, I hear a small commotion outside my window. I try my best to look out of it without being seen. But what I see makes me step back rather quickly. The whole pack is here, surrounding the one person who I used to see in my nightmares, but have now become reality.

Cain's home.

And he doesn't look too pleased in the slightest, as much as it does fill me with inner joy to see him not looking happy, it also fills me with worry and concern for who he could take his anger out on. But I know I would be expected to be down there to welcome him back.

The stomach pains from my heat are gone, as they've now been replaced by dread and fear.

I hold my head up high; he wouldn't do anything with all those wolves down there. Would he?