Rome

Rome walked toward Arthit, looked intently and ...

PLAK!  Rome slaps Arthit.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ARTHIT !!!"

Arthit held his left cheek slapped hard by Rome.  Very loud even!  There is a reddish island on his cheek.  Arthit stepped back to touch the couch.  He trembled and pulled a blanket over him.

"Don't hit ... hik ... it hurts ... please don't hit ... hik ..." Arthit groaned.

Kongpop was angry to see that it wanted to beat Rome but was arrested by Wad.  Wad says shut up and just watch.

Arthit still whimpered in pain a few moments and then fell silent.  Rome was also still in place, not moving in the slightest.  Just waiting for Arthit to calm down.

After calming down, Arthit looked at Rome in surprise.  Imagined his mind he would be beaten continuously if he was wrong but Rome did not do that.  Only the slap had been flown.

"Rome .." Arthit squeaked.

"Already awake?"  Rome asked.  There is no angry or cynical tone in it.  Only tenderness.

"Sorry ... Rome ... sorry ..." Arthit cried.

"Who am I, Arthit?"

"Huh?"

"Who am I? An acquaintance? School friend? Enemy? Close friend? Or do we not know at all?"  Rome asked.

Arthit shook his head tightly.  "No ... no ... Rome is Arthit friend. Arthit best friend."

"Then? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Huh?"

"Do you think friends are only when you're happy. You don't want to talk about your pain? Or do you want to run away again?"

Arthit was silent, only staring at Rome.

"I have no parents. All this time I lived alone. Living from my parents' savings. After I graduated, I would work then have a lover and get married. That's my plan. I miss my parents but I have to face the fact that I am alone in the world. This is my pain, I have never shared this with anyone, I have always tried to appear as strong as possible in front of other people, but there is you, I consider as my little brother, or more precisely as my son, my days have colored since I know you, even though you often embarrass me. I like taking care of you. Aren't you glad I look after you?"

Arthit shook his head once more.  "I'm glad with you Rome."  Rome walked over and hugged Arthit.

"Promise to tell the story?"  Arthit hesitated.

"I'm here Arthit. I'm here. I'm not leaving." Rome patted Arthit back.  Somehow Arthit felt calm in the arms of Rome.  Rome was his first friend, a real friend, not a con who bully Arthit.  Pretending to be friends then stabbing in the back.

Arthit cried while calling Rome name many times.  This time, there was someone by his side.  This time, someone pulled him out of the dark.  This time, there was someone who sincerely loved him.

Wad pulls them all away and closes the door.  Arthit needed calm and he wasn't worried, Rome was there.  There is Rome on the Arthit side.

That night Rome and Arthit slept together.  Warmth radiates in Arthit body.  He promised to try to face it all, his chest felt relieved, not as oppressive as before.  Suddenly, he felt the world was not as bad and cruel as before.

***

Those who come out gather in the living room.  Confused and a lot of questions but no one asked.  Until Em broke the silence.

"Rome? How come?"  Everyone might think that Kongpop should be an antidote to Arthit.  But it's wrong, Rome is the sedative Arthit.

"Of course, he can."  Meow said

"What do you mean?"

"Kongpop is a person in Arthit past. Rome is a person in the present. He has nothing to do with Arthit dark past. He loves all of us sincerely, though his mouth is fierce but his heart is full of concern for all of us."  Meow clear.

"Indeed. He even dared to fight with the two demons for our sake."  Mimi added.  "Rome never considered us ugly or disgusting. He accepted us as we were. So did he accept Arthit. Unconditionally."  Add Mimi.

"Kong, don't worry. Leave everything to Rome. He can do it."  Tutah advice.

"Are you lucky to have a friend like Rome?"  Wad said.

"Of course!"  Exclaimed Tutah, Mimi and Meong together with pride.

"Thank you ... thank you ..." Kongpop realized, this is no longer Oon in the past.  Who is alone and doesn't have anyone.  Oon who now has friends who defend him.  Friends who share their difficulties.  Friends who are beside him.  Oon is not alone now.

"Don't hesitate, hehehe ..." Tutah said a little proudly.

"It seems interesting if I'm friends with him."  Nana said suddenly that made them surprised.

"Do not!"  Prevent them.

"Why ?"  Nana asked in surprise.

"You will fight everyday. Rome is Arthit stepmother and you are Kongpop stepmother."  Said Tutah.

"Hahahhaha ..." laughter accompanied that night.  The heavy air had gradually disappeared.  Tonight is the final closing night of pain.  Whatever difficulties in the future, Kongpop will be stronger in dealing with it.

It's time to open a new page, Oon 🤗🤗🤗.

Zyzy:

Luckily we have  Rome ...

Hopefully from now on Arthit will be stronger in the face of his trauma.

See you in the next chapter.

August 5, 2019