TWO

AVA'S POV

I toss and turn as I'm indecisive. I mean if I agree to go then I'm only going for my family's benefit. Otherwise, this isn't what I want to do.

I want to marry Ross and have three children. It's as simple and as complicated as that.

-Next Day-

During breakfast my family tries to avoid speaking about the Prince's request.

The awkwardness is eating me alive. I sigh, "I'll go."

They all stare at me with wide eyes. Kate blinks, "What?" I nod, "I'll do the selection." She beams while Mother and Father smile sympathetically at me.

I smile and nod.

MAX'S POV

-Next Day-

As soon as I make my way to my father's office I notice the three piles. My mouth flies open, "This is all the girls who agreed to participate?" Father nods, "Looks like there is a lot of women who want to marry you."

I smile, "Hopefully I can marry one of them." He chuckles, "Yes, well that's the plan."

I nod as I begin to look through the files as I need to make up my mind about who my selection will be. I want it to be as diverse as possible.

AVA'S POV

I decide to head out to the market. I carefully select a few fresh ingredients as this evening I want to make dinner for my family.

I feel two warm hands on either side of my waist. "Boo." is all I hear in my ear before I turn around and smile. "Ross." He laughs, "How'd you know?" I roll my eyes and smile.

He scans me for a second, "What's with the long face?" I frown, how do I break the news to him?

I sigh, "I've decided to participate in the royal Bachelor." He takes a moment before he furrows his eyebrows. "Oh, I see." I sigh, "Ross I-" He cuts me off, "No, I understand. I know you're just doing what's best for your family." I nod, "Yeah."

He nods, "So when do you leave?" I shrug, "I'm not sure. My father said that he'll be notified at work."

Ross nods, "Ah, I see." I nod, "Are you okay?" He laughs, "Of course, I know that you won't actually fall in love with the prince. You're going to come back and marry me."

I smile, "Hmm, that's the plan." He winks before gently pecking me on the lips.

MAX'S POV

Once I've managed to sort through the files another two piles come. I sigh, "Oh goodness." Father smiles, "After this we've got another meeting about your coronation."

I nod, "Understood, father." He stares at me for a moment before nodding, "Very well."

AVA'S POV

-Later-

I cook dinner and set the table. After what seems like eternity, my father walks through the front door.

He smiles, "Hmm. Someone's been cooking." I smile, "Well if I get chosen I'll be leaving in two weeks." Father nods. I do the same before proceeding to cook.

Father sighs, "Ava-Lane, I do love you. With all my heart. You do know that right?" I smile, "Of course I do, Father. I love you with my heart and I'd never stop loving you. No matter what."

He nods and smiles. I place a gentle kiss on his forehead. "Can you please call mother and Kate?" He nods, "Of course."

MAX'S POV

-2 Weeks Later-

I have made my selection. It is as diverse as I possibly could have made it. I'm happy with the decision I've made but I'm nervous.

I hope I can actually be married at the end of this.

AVA'S POV

Saying goodbye is so hard. I'm trying my best not to cry but it's really difficult when Kate and Mother have been doing that all day.

So I decide to take a break. I meet up with Ross.

When he sees me he gently takes my hands and pulls me close. I sigh and I break, "I'm gonna miss you so so so much." He sighs while caressing my hair, "I know my love. I will miss you too, dearly. I will wait for you. No matter what happens. You and I will end up together."

I nod and sniffle, "I know." He places gentle kisses in my hair. I hold him closer to me as if he'd fade away any second. I cherish these last few moments with him.

He whispers, "Ava." I glance up at him. I watch his facial features soften as he sees my eyes glisten with tears.

He smiles, "I love you."

I smile, allowing a few tears to fall down my cheeks. "I love you too."

He smiles, "Good."

He immediately pulls me back into his embrace. I hold him.

After a few more minutes I let him go. I immediately reach for his hair which my I've run my fingers through thousands of times. I cup his face and kiss him.