SIXTEEN

AVA'S POV

Once my Mother and Kate finally let me go. Ross steps in and immediately engulfs me in a warm hug.

He feels like home. It's been so long but as soon as I fall in his embrace, everything comes back to me. He feels familiar.

Once he finally let's me go, I turn to see Max. Who seems a bit uncomfortable and slightly awkward.

I smile, "Uh, Mother and Kate this is Max. Max, this is my Mother and my youngest sister."

Kate gawks while Mom curtsies.

I turn to Ross, "Ross, Max and Max this is Ross my-"

Veronica bursts inside, "Ava! I've always wanted to meet your family! Hi I'm Veronica, known as Vee to Ava. You must be the famous Kate, Abigail the dashing Mother and you must be Ross her family friend."

Ross seems thrown off but before I could protest Maxwell intervenes, "Well, I'm sure that they are all set up inside. Follow me, I'll lead you to the main living room."

As we begin to walk, Max slips his hand into mine, catching me by suprise.

As soon as we enter the lounge I see all the girls with their families. I notice jealousy spark the room as the girls stare at Max and I. I glance at him and then he gently releases my hand.

MAX'S POV

-Later-

I've managed to interact with most of the girls families except for Ava's. So I make my way to her Mother.

I smile, "Mrs Montgomery, it's an honour to finally meet you. Ava has told me so much about you and the family."

Mrs Montgomery giggles, "All good things I hope." I smile and nod, "She's very grateful for you all. Whenever she speaks about her family her entire being lights up."

She smiles, "We miss her, dearly." I nod, "I can imagine. But I promise that we will take good care of her."

She smiles and nods, "I know you will."

I see Ross staring at me, I smile and decide to make some small talk with him.

As soon as I approach him, he scowls. I furrow my eyebrows, "Ross? You must be Ava's family friend."

He nods, "Yes. Ava-Lane and I go way back."

I nod, "I understand. She's a lovely woman. I can see why you're protective over her."

He nods, slowly.

AVA'S POV

I am about to leave the main lounge until Ross grabs my arm.

"Ava, how are you?" I smile, "I'm good thanks and you?"

He shrugs, "You didn't mention me at all?" I sigh, "I'm sorry. I did-"

He shakes his head, "It's alright, save it. Here, read this letter and then you can make up your mind."

With that said he hands me a letter. He glances at me,

"I will wait here until you're done reading the letter. It's a bit embarrassing for me to stand in the room while you read what I wrote."

I make my way to my bedroom so that I can open the letter.

Dear Ava

I love you.

I'm still very eager to get married.

Well, hopefully if you're still interested in me.

You and I were destined to be together. Technically, we're still in a relationship as neither one of us have called it off.

Perhaps it's because neither of us want to.

I cannot see my life without you in it. In all honesty, I do not want to see my life without you in it.

We've known each other for an eternity and a half. I know you inside out. You know me inside out.

The final decision is up to you.

If you come home I'll know that we're meant to be.

If you get married to Max, I guess that I will need to live with that too.

Yours Sincerely
Ross