EIGHT

MAX'S POV

-A Month Later-

We have already set ten girls home. So we're halfway. The process has gone by much faster than I thought it would go.

I have been spending a lot of my time with specific females. Ava, Marie, Veronica and Zara.

There is a day that I am dreading due to nerves and anxiety. The day that I need to meet the parents of these ladies scare me. As I would obviously want to make a good first impression.

I am currently waiting for Veronica as she's getting ready. We are off to enjoy a quiet brunch in the gardens.

AVA'S POV

Claire comes running towards me in tears. I blink but immediately engulf her in a hug. "What's the matter?" She pulls me into an isolated ally. "I'm going home, Ava. The Prince barely spends anytime with me."

I'm about to speak but she cuts me off, "I do not want words of comfort." I slowly nod, "Fine then, how about, tonight you, Marie and Vee come to my room and we can have a girl's slumber party?"

Her eyes light up, "Really?" I nod, "Yes, in fact, let me go and inform Lorelai about this right now."

MAX'S POV

Veronica smiles, "I love spending time with you, Max." I nod and smile, "I love spending time with you, too."

I gently take her hand in mine before kissing it gently. She smiles at me before slowly leaning in.

She's trying to kiss me.

Awkwardly I slowly move away. Her eyes widen and her cheeks flush a shade of crimson. "I am terribly sorry for being so forward. Forgive me."

I smile, "Don't worry about it."

-Later-

I spot Ava engrossed in a book. She glances up at me, "Hey." I smile, "Hey, what you reading?" She glances down at the book before closing it putting it away, "It's nothing."

I sit down beside her, she shifts up slightly. I smirk, "What you reading, a sappy romance novel, of course." She bursts out laughing, "You're wrong. Those books I keep hidden away in my room."

I burst out laughing, "My word, now I know where to go when I'm in the mood for a good romance novel." She smirks, "You're welcome."

ZARA'S POV

From the top of the staircase I see Ava and Max sitting to close together. My anger is boiling as this was supposed to be my time with Max.

I see Claire and Veronica in a deep discussion, hastily I march over to them. I smirk, "You two can forget the crown. Cleary the Prince has his eyes set on someone else."

Eagerly they follow me to the top of the staircase.

AVA'S POV

I smile, "I'm surprised that you do not have a date right now?" He shrugs, "I can free up my schedule for important people."

I wriggle my eyebrows, "I qualify as important." His cheeks flush a shade of crimson, "Uh-" I cut him off, "You said it, not me. Ha!"

With that said I get up and begin to walk away, he gets up and follows me before grabbing my arm and turning me around.

I raise my eyebrows at him, "We're in public." He nods, "I'm aware. Meet me tonight by the water fountain."

I think about what I told Claire, "I'll try my best. No promises though." He looks a tad bit disappointed but he nods, "Alright then."

-Later-

The girls are in my room. Something is off here though. Everyone seems so cold and hostile.

I frown, "Okay, what's going on?" Vee furrows gee eyebrows, "What do you mean?" I frown, "You guys aren't your talkative, chirpy selves. Did something happen?"

Marie sighs, "Zara called Claire and Veronica over to watch you and Max flirt." My eyes widen, "We were not flirting!"

Vee sighs, "Well he spends all his time with you. In fact, you never need to make any effort. He always comes to you." Claire sighs, "At least he comes to you."

I shake my head, "Guys, my heart belongs to another. Max is just a good friend of mine, I'm in love with Ross."

Vee furrows her eyebrows, "Who is Ross?"

I guess it's time.

I take a deep breathe, "Well, back home Ross is my boyfriend. The only reason I agreed to come here to the selection is for my family's benefit. Every week I'm still here they receive a generous cheque. I mean it's the least I can do for my family."

Marie engulfs me in a hug and Claire wipes away my tears. Veronica on the other hand is busy sobbing herself.

"Such a beautiful, love story." I nod, "Well, right now he is currently waiting for me to come home so that we can get married."

Claire gasps, "Wow!"