FOUR

AVA'S POV

-Later-

We all settle in the hall for dinner. However, the Royal Family have their dinner separate. One would need an invite in order to attend the Royal Family dinner.

Fortunately, I just need to keep a low profile. Out of the corner of my eye, I am uncertain whether or not I'm seeing double. A see two females who look identical.

One of them laughs, "Yes, we are identical twins." I blink and smile, "Sorry, hello. My name is Ava-Lane Montgomery, but I go by Ava." She smiles, "Nice to meet you, Ava. I'm Clarissa Dubree. This is my sister, Marissa Dubree. We mainly go by Claire and Marie."

Marie smiles, "Hi." I smile, "Well, I enjoy your company. Please, join me." They smile and sit down beside me. I smile, "So, tell me something about yourselves." Claire giggles, "We're polar opposite. I'm more chatty and outgoing whereas Marie is more reserved and quiet. Although she tends to become a whole different person once she's warmed up."

I smile, "That's amazing." Marie nods, "Yeah. You have any siblings?" I nod, "A younger sister, Katerina." Marie smiles and nods.

Claire is about to ask a question until a tall ginger smiles, "Hi, is this seat taken? The room is filled with a lot of ladies but you guys seem like the only sane bunch here."

I chuckle, "Please, sit down." Claire smiles, "Hi I'm Claire, this is Marie and Ava. What's your name?" The ginger smiles, "Veronica Walsh. Please no strange nicknames." Marie giggles softly.

Veronica raises her eyebrows, "Something bothering you, Miss?" Marie quickly stops giggling before asking, "What's the strangest nickname someone has given you?" Claire glares, "Marissa!"

I sit intrigued. Veronica sighs, "Nica." We all stare at her. I furrow my eyebrows, "I don't understand what's so horrendous about the nickname?" Veronica frowns, "I don't know. I just never fancied it."

I nod, "Fair enough."

MAX'S POV

-A Few Days Later-

The castle seems so strange with all these girls lurking around. I feel so shy and nervous to approach them, regardless of how I feel many have either given me the flirtatious look or have stared at their shoes.

Finally, I muster up the courage to approach a tall blonde who is focused on her sketches in her notebook.

I clear my throat, "Uh, my lady." She shuts the notebook and immediately curtsies. "Your, highness." I smile, "Would it be possible, if perhaps, we could go for a walk?"

She nods and clutches her book close to her. I turn to her, "Oh forgive me my lady, what is your name?"

She smiles, "Marissa, but I go by Marie." I nod, "It's a pleasure meeting you, Miss Marie."

We casually walk down the hall and chat about random things. At first the conversation was stiff and awkward but soon we managed to find some common ground and had a few debates which was really intriguing.

-Later-

I decided that I should try and get to know each individual here so that I can get a feel with whom I'd like to spend some more time with.

As I get a feel for each lady I can sort of narrow it down to whom I'd be more interested and attracted too. However, I still need to speak with a few more.

AVA'S POV

-Next Day-

I begin writing a letter to my family, informing them about what's been going on here. I still cannot bring myself to write Ross a letter. I miss him dearly. I long for his touch and gentle kisses.

As I make my way down the hall I notice Pricne Maxwell.

I'm not in the mood to speak to him. In fact, I'm never in the mood to ever see him, let alone speak to him.

I quickly turn and walk in the other direction.

MAX'S POV

I notice a brunette female and I realized that we haven't spoken yet. I walk after her but she is walking away so fast. Perhaps she doesn't want to speak with me?

I decide to let her go. Perhaps next time.

AVA'S POV

Good, I think I've lost him.

I bump into Veronica. She gasps, "Oh goodness, you scared me." I furrow my eyebrows, "Sorry, I didn't mean to-" She cuts me off, "It's okay. Don't fret about it." I smile before attempting to walk off.

Veronica calls out to me, "Have you spoken to him yet?" I turn around, "The Prince?" She nods, I shake my head. "Have you?" She shakes her head.

I pat her shoulder, "Perhaps his still making his rounds." She nods, "I suppose."

On my way back to my room I notice Prince Maxwell standing right there where I last saw him.

Subtly, I try walking past him.

I freeze when I hear him say, "My lady,"