TWENTY FIVE

MAX'S POV

Today is the day of my wedding.

I still cannot get over what Veronica said to me the other night.

We haven't discussed that night since as we would bring Ava up. Clearly, she's the weak spot for Veronica. I sigh and shake my head.

I cannot help but wonder if Ava will even attend the wedding today? Probably not.

After all, I did tell her to stay away from me and the castle.

I hate who I become in the heat of anger. Although, that isn't a valid excuse.

I shrug off the thought before slipping on my black suit. I glance at myself in the mirror before making my way downstairs.

My Father glances over at me before nodding, "Today is the day."

I nod, "Indeed."

He squeezes my shoulder before walking off.

My Mother comes up to me. A look of guilt plastered all over her face.

I raise my eyebrows, "Mother, are you alright?"

She sighs and nods, "Forgive me. You will understand why I had to do what I did."

Before I could question her statement she hastily disappears.

AVA'S POV

My Mother has made me a beautiful dress to wear to the wedding. It's so beautiful that I am afraid to wear it just incase I steal the spotlight from Veronica.

My Mother smiles, "Go get him, Ava

My Mother smiles, "Go get him, Ava."

I smile before embracing my Mother and Kate. Kate hands me the invitation.

I climb into the carriage to stop the wedding.

As soon as I arrive at the castle I see the King and Queen waiting for me.

The Queen looks relieved as soon as she sees me.

They engulf me in a hug before the King composes himself.

"Now we need the truth Ava. What exactly happened between you and Max?"

I inform them about everything. From when Ross and I were courting until when I developed feelings for Max. I then inform them of the letters and what Veronica did to me.

The Queen nods.

"Let's go and stop this wedding!"

The King smiles, "Indeed. I want my son to be happy."

We are about to enter but the Queen pauses. She glances at my dress.

"This dress is absolutely breath-taking! I must know who designed this?"

I smile, "My Mother."

The Queen gasps, "Do you think if we offered her the job to design and sew our dresses, she would accept it?"

I raise my eyebrows. Mother has always had the dream of designing clothing.

I smile, "She would love the job."

The King smiles, "Well then, you're family would need to move here into the castle. They could have their own headquarters."

I smile, "Thank you so much!"

The Queen smiles, "Let's go and stop that wedding!"

MAX'S POV

Frantically I look around to see my parents. I still have not found them. People begin to find their seats.

Eventually my Father comes into view. Seconds later I see my Mother escorting Ava to her seat.

Ava is here. Right now. Looking even more beautiful than before. I've always loved how light pink makes her eyes stand out. Quickly I need to compose myself.

Already failing miserably, when I finally manage to get a hold of myself I feel a gentle tap on my shoulder.

I turn around and immediately my eyes soften.

"Ava."

AVA'S POV

I stare at him, "Max I cannot let you get married today. You know why, I love you. It's been you this whole time. Veronica sabotaged my chances with you, Ross has been sending me love letters. I will admit I sent one in the beginning as we were still in a relationship and I barely knew you."

His gaze falters as he fails to meet my eyes.

He shakes his head.

"I'm sorry, Ava. I'm a few minutes away of being a married man."

My mouth flies open as he walks past me.

Devastated. I make my way to my seat. Trying my best to avoid the tears from spilling.

The King and Queen stare at me and I slowly shake my head. I look of sadness and utter shock crosses the Queen's facial features.

I sink into my seat as the ceremony begins to unfold.

It's so painful to watch him walk down the aisle to marry someone else. A feeling of melancholy fills me as I realize that I've lost him forever.

They blow the trumpets, indicating Veronica will be entering.

Feeling numb I manage to stand up.

As soon as she enters, my heart officially breaks. I cannot contain myself anymore as I allow the tears to fall. I don't care about who sees me and what they think.

MAX'S POV

Here comes the sentence that I fear the most.

"Speak now or forever hold your peace."

Silence.

I slowly exhale.

I soon regret it as soon as I hear,

"No! Stop! I object!"