FOURTEEN

MAX'S POV

-A week later-

Tomorow is family day. I haven't gone further than the dining hall where I eat dinner with my parents.

I feel terrible but I haven't even had time to check on Ava. I've been sorting through documents and working. Fortunately, everything is in order.

I stare at my reflection in the mirror. I haven't shaved in a while, the stubble that is growing confirms that.

I freshen up and force my tired self to go and mingle with the ladies.

As soon as I enter the main dining hall I notice Veronica reading a book. I make my way over to her, "Pardon me, my lady. Do you have a moment?"

She glances up at me before immediately rising to her feet to curtsey, "Of course your majesty."

I smile and nod before extending my arm out to her, "Shall we?"

AVA'S POV

Patiently, I waited for Max to visit me or write me a note or a letter. Yet I received nothing.

My family has constantly been on my mind as I'm currently so torn. Should I go home? What about Max? My family needs me there. Yet they need me here too.

I make my way to the water fountain where I see Veronica and Max strolling on the green grass.

I decide to let it slide, therefore I turn around and walk away.

-Later-

I return from my dress fitting for our first public appearance only to see Max sitting on a bench with Camille.

Camille, is a shy girl. Who stays most of the time in her room. If there's one quality trait from Camille that makes her stand out the most, it's her humor. She is hilarious.

Max bursts out laughing, I watch as he casually wipes his tears away. Again, I turn on my heel and walk in the opposite direction.

I managed to finish a book and it's almost time for me to get ready for tonight.

Outside my window I see Max and Shay playing some polo. This is ridiculous! He hasn't even come see me once today.

Shay is a dashing brunette who loves animals and children. She's nurturing yet short tempered.

I decide to take my mind off of them by going through my speech tonight, for the milinth time.

After a few more minutes, Lorelai barges into my room with a dress.

She smiles, "Let's get you ready!"

-Later-

I smile at my reflection in the mirror

I smile at my reflection in the mirror. I've grown so much since I first walked in here.

I walk outside my room only to see Max with Dani. If there's one person besides Zara who could make my blood boil, it would be Dani.

Dani was Zara's side-kick, she constantly mimicked Zara.

Max doesn't even notice me walk past them. Do I really look that different?

Or, could it be that I mean nothing to him at all and this is just a silly game he likes to play?

MAX'S POV

As soon as I see Ava walk past me I notice how beautiful she looks.

I'm ecstatic to hear her speech and I'm looking forward to spending some time with her this evening.

AVA'S POV

The King smiles as he calls me up to the podium, "Last, but most certainly not least, here is the woman who can challenge any individual with her critical  thinking. Ava-Lane Montgomery!"

I rise to my feet and make my way to the podium. I curtsey to the King while making eye contact with the Queen. She gives me a subtle wink.

I turn towards the audience, millions of eyes are staring at me. I warm feeling fills my being at the thought of my family being able to watch me on the mini television at home, right now.

This one's for you Father.

I begin my speech, "Now many of you know, that we have a society that is divided into three specific categories. Upper class, Middle Class and Lower Class. Isn't it such a shame that we group people due to their circumstances. We look down on others just because they lack the material goods that we have? Life is to short to be ignorant towards someone else due to financial status or social status. I stand here before you today, as a lower class female. I feel like I've gained so much more by being humble and grateful for what I have in contrast to someone else with more materialistic things. I'd rather be rich in personality and gratitude than rich in money and snobbery. Therefore, I propose that we break the barriers and choose to be kind rather than selfish. We should encourage interaction, friendships and relationships with those who are different from us. There is so much more to life than social status and if we can realize that now we can make our society a better place. Thank you."

An applause roars amongst the people. The King and Queen nod and smile.