14.

Ghost had already talked about Darla to the other people in the crew, but she was wondering if Darla wanted to work at the barbershop on her off days. "Hey, Darla, want to work at the barbershop?" She asked. 

Yep, Ghost's barbershop was still going strong as ever. The barbershop was bringing in a lot of money and Ghost had realized her dreams of owning a barbershop and having her own small little crew that was slowly growing bit by bit. Darla was a new official member, but Ghost didn't want her involved just yet as she was still dealing with Thatcher as she knew that Thatcher was going to escape from police custody when he get the chance to. 

"I would, Ms. Deborah, but you know how it is. They brought Thatcher to the hospital and they are trying to keep an eye on him. Are you alright, Ms. Deborah?" Darla innocently asked. Ghost calmed herself as she knew that Darla hadn't known about Thatcher being the one to cause her trouble lately. 

Ghost merely pat Darla's head as she smiled at her. "Keep on doing what you do, Darla," she tells Darla as Darla had given her a very adorable confused innocent look. Ghost kept Darla in the dark about recent events so she wouldn't be too scared to be an police officer, but her plan had failed as Darla was traumatized by Thatcher and that was just her being a police officer and having to deal with him. 

"I don't wanna be a police officer anymore. I was only hired to be a space saver," she revealed to Ghost, who frowned. 

"So, you're going to be fired once they have another person?" She asked. 

"Once they have someone qualified, then I am jobless," she tells Ghost. "But, I still have you," she hugged Ghost. Ghost frowned inwardly as she knew about Darla's want to be accepted by people. She hugged Darla back. 

"Don't worry. You'll be safe here," she tells Darla. When Violet saw Darla, her heart ached for the young woman. She also knew how it felt to be ignored as she still feel like people ignore her, but Violet knew that it was because she was mute. "I have a person that's mute, but I know that she wants a new friend," Ghost tells Darla and Darla wanted to meet the person that Ghost was talking. 

"Is that her?" Darla noticed Violet as she appeared at the moment that Ghost had she wanted Darla to meet her in her own words. Violet was shocked that Darla had noticed her as she was like a ghost, seemingly not appearing to people. Violet looked at Ghost and she signed her question. "Did she really see me?" The question made Ghost grin as she knew that Violet had found the person that would be her best friend. 

"Yes, she did see you, Violet," she answered Violet and Violent grinned at her. Ghost had told Darla beforehand that Violet was mute and could communicate with others with sign language. "Alright, kiddies, go talk to one another," she tells both Violet and Darla. When Violet stayed behind, Ghost signed to her and Violet nodded. "I will take care of her." Violet answered with her hands and the determined grin that spread across her face.