Prologue

Max's POV

I was just a sophomore, ready to head to my classes. A variety of students pushed past me as I stood before the front gate of the Nightscale Highschool. My hand gripped the strap of my bag before I proceeded forward. The gentle fall breeze ruffled my ginger hair as I tried to stay in the shadows.

However a menacing voice broke me from my comfort. I quickly spun around to find the familiar faces of Jin and Adam. I gingerly looked at my feet before shifting on my legs. Adam narrowed his brown eyes at me before speaking, "Where do you think your going, carrot-top?"

"I- please don't kill me!" I whimpered as my hands instinctively covered my face. My heart thundered in my chest as a roar of laughter came from infront of me.

"Just give us your homework, nerd!" Adam hissed as he slapped me across the face, I gingerly nodded as my hand dug into my schoolbag. I frisked around until I pulled out a stack of papers. Jin quickly snatched the papers from my hand and started to write down the answers. Meanwhile Adam kicked at my stomach, causing me to fall backwards.

"See you during lunch, nerd!"

Dreadful hours passed as I sluggishly marched towards the lunchroom. Students sat at multiple tables as I tried to blend in with the students at the lunch line. A large male who looked to be a basketball player stood beside me. I gingerly wandered down the lunch-line watching the tall male use some sort of morose code while receiving his food.

As soon as I was able to grab mine I looked down, today's lunch was Mashed Potatoes, somesort of undercooked chicken, and milk. The only good thing about today's lunch was that it came with a side of Mac-N-Cheese!

My eyes darted around the lunchroom as I tried to find a decent location to eat at. Everyone sat with their friends, meanwhile me- I could only hope for an empty spot everyday. I sighed I relief as I spotted an empty table that was in the furthest corner of the lunchroom. I quickly raced towards the table, careful to not spill my tray as I made it to the table.

My tray fell onto the table as I sat next to it. I fiddled with my fork before taking some of the Macaroni. However, as soon as I was about to take a bite; a heavy force knocked against my head. The force made me fall into my tray of food. I tried to get up but something was holding me down.

My face flushed in outrage as I tried to breath but instead a wad of potatoes caught my throat. My stomach churned as I tried to gag them out but, I was still trapped under the hand. My arms frantically grazed the back of my head as I tried to desperately remove my assaulter.

However a voice made me pause mid-action, "look at the pig, he can't even keep his nose out of his food!"

Laughter erupted through the lunchroom, causing me to fall still. Warm tears made their way down my cheeks and into the mash potatoes as I remained limp. The hand finally moved off my head, allowing me to jump. I spun around, before wiping the warm potatoes out of my eyes.

Jin and Adam stood before me, as soon as I was able to see them clearly, I felt myself fighting back my tears. "Look at the pathetic, crybaby!"

I couldn't stand this anymore. I quickly jumped out of my seat and dived out of the lunchroom. A chorus of laughs echoed my footsteps as I wandered aimlessly for the bathroom. I quickly slammed the door shut as I made it inside. My feet collapsed beneath me as I allowed my back to rub against the wall before I fell to the floor.

"Why am I so weak?" I whispered almost inaudibly as I tried to stop myself from crying.

The next day came to quickly. I slowly walked past the front gate as my chain beat against my chest. The sound of footsteps made my heart pound as I tried to lunge forward however a hand grabbed ahold of my chain, almost choking me in the action.

My feet slid to a halt as I turned my head to find Adam and Jin standing before me. I quickly gulped and tried to think of something to say, "I-I... Jin, A-Adam, I didn't expect to see you both this early... how are you guys?"

"Just give us your lunch money!" Adam demanded, I instinctively nodded before digging in my pockets however, a voice stopped me mid action.

"Hey, leave him alone!" A boy called out. I turned to face him and I felt my face flush with embarrassment. The boy before me was Ross The boy sent me a worried glance- his light blue eyes looking over me for a moment.

"He's ours Ross, go find yourself a kid to take from." Jin growled as he pushed back his sleek black hair sassily. However Ross wouldn't take no for an answer- instead, the boy held his ground by standing in front of me. I sat there taken aback for a moment. No one has ever stood up for me. Everyone just looked away and pretended that I was invisible. Pretended that nothing was happening.

I glanced back at Ross who was yelling for Jin and Adam to leave me alone, finally the two boys left and Ross turned around. I could help but smile stupidly, I was happy for once, I was happy for the first time in eternity. "T-thanks."

"Anytime, come on we're late for class!" Ross smiled at me as he grabbed ahold of my arm before he dragged me to class.

Days passed since Ross stood up for me, I was wondering down the hallway alone as I held my books in hand. I quickly turned down the hallway but I found myself being shoved against the wall. I looked up and found myself face to face with Adam and Jin. "Darn." I growled under my breath as the two of them snarled at me for a moment.

"Looks like Ross isn't here to save you this time." Adam snarled into my ear. His warm breath breathed down my neck as he slowly raced a finger down my throat. I gulped at his sudden movements before the Male paused. "You like him, don't you Max?"

My face flushed as I looked at the ground beneath me. How did they know- is it obvious how gay I am for Ross?

However, before I could say anything Adam continued. "If you want we can make a deal, however, Ross will also be on the line of this deal."

"I-uh- what's the deal..?" I whimpered as Jin and Adam exchanged excited glances, my heart burrowed in my chest as I watched them with frightened eyes.