Chapter 16

Max's POV

"Max Laplume." My eyes darted forward as I came face to face with an older brown haired gentleman. I gingerly looked over at Ross who nodded at me before I stood up, the man rushed over towards me before he grabbed ahold of my arm. "Ah, Max, My name is Doctor Codwell. I will be your  therapist until you get better-" The man spoke as he slowly shifted his hand away from me. I slowly narrowed my eyes at him in outrage, Here we go again- someone who thinks I'm crazy. However before I could say anything Doctor Codwell continued speaking, "now then will you please follow me?"

As Doctor Codwell led me towards a door, I couldn't help but throw a glance behind me to find Ross staring back at me. Why would Ross want me to get better, he's straight and all he wants is a perfect life- I'm just holding that away from him. A sigh escaped my lips as I slowly turned my gaze back towards Doctor Codwell before I started to follow him down a long corridor. At first it seemed like a basic doctors office, doors kept flashing past us within every step we took. Within a matter of minutes Doctor Codwell paused briefly infront of a door before he opened it, "Go on in and take a seat- today we will just be getting to know each other to ease the tension between us."

"Fair enough," I agreed as I slowly followed him into the room. The room was lit up by a single lamp that sat in the corner of the room, the walls were a cozy brown color and 3 chairs were aligned adjacently on the other side of the door. I slowly took a seat in one of the three chairs as my therapist took a seat in the other chair.

"What are your hobbies?"

"I enjoy to play video games and entertain others." I responded briefly before looking down at the ground, this should be simple- why am I going to be in here for an hour again?

"Now then Max, let's get to know you- what do you do for a living?"

Of course it had to be that one question that almost everyone had asked you when you were adult. When it came to people like me and Ross- we didn't know how to answer people. How do we tell them of our jobs? I slowly glanced up at the man before a frown crossed my face, "Well, I edit videos and I also entertain people on the internet."

"T-thats your job?"

"Are you judging me!?" I spoke in a low growl as I arose from my chair. The man quickly shook his head, his face remained calm as he continued to watch me.

"No Max, it's my job to not judge people."

A heavy silence entered the atmosphere as I looked down at the ground. I know I just killed the mood by upsetting this random stranger but- he did almost judge my job. I'd glance up to find Doctor Codwell rising slowly out of his chair as he seated slowly marched towards the door, "follow me Max, maybe a room to talk in isn't the best area of business for you."

"What do you mean?" I asked as I quickly jumped out of my chair to start following the older man. The doctor sighed as he led me down the corridor once more.

"I know I said today would just be an introductory day- but I have a feeling there is something different about you- your not like everyone else Max. I can't lay a finger on it but- the way you acctually seem to want to fight your demons- it makes you unique." The male looked at me and for a second his crystal blue eyes looked as though he was actually telling the truth but then again I don't know this man- I don't even know why he thinks that.

"Do you know this for a fact?"

"No this is just my theory- I could always be right or wrong about you Max but that is where your role comes into play. Your role is to tell me your life story- whatever it may be- and I am here to help guide you through it whenever you need help." The doctor explained as he paused infront of a door that had a keypad on it. He began to insert a code on it before a load beep sounded and the door manually opened revealing a a room that broke off into another room.