Chapter 3

Ross' POV

I blinked open my eyes to the sound of yelling coming from the kitchen. I quickly got off my bed to only find myself fall on the ground in a cocoon of blankets. I quickly unwrap myself before I sleepily walk into the kitchen. Today everyone in the offices' had the day off so I was expecting to sleep in however Max and Tim wanted thought differently.

"Max, eating Mac-N-Cheese for breakfast is not healthy!" Tim scoffed at the ginger who was pouring a cup of water into a bowl of noodles.

"So, your eating Pretzel's for breakfast!" Max growled as he pointed at Tim's empty box of Pretzels that sat on the counter. "And you still have more than that one box!"Max quickly put the noodles in a pan before turning on the oven, "Besides, you can't control me, your not my mom Tim."

"First of all, Mac-N-Cheese has more calories than Pretzels and secondly I am your friend Max, I do have a right to worry about you." Tim shrugged before walking out of the kitchen, he paused right in front of me and sighed, "Let me guess, your going to have a large cup of Mountain Dew for breakfast."

"As planned!" I smirked which made Tim shake his head at me, "What!" I yelled as Tim began to walk towards his room, Tim paused mid-step before turning to face me.

"You and Max are so predictable, that's what!" Tim yelled as he walked into his room before he slammed the door. I shrugged my shoulders and pulled a Mountain Dew out of the fridge.

"Got anything planned today?" I asked as Max began to scroll through Twitter, he looked up at me and shook his head, I sighed before walking towards the living room to turn on an anime. 

An hour passed as I watched Death Note, I finally decided that it was time that I went to freshen up. I quickly paused the episode I was on and began to walk to the bathroom. I pushed open the door to find blood staining the bathroom sink. The crimson scent of blood thickened the atmosphere as I stood there in complete shock. A small red pocket-knife was on the bathroom floor with a small pool of blood around it. I gagged as I managed to let out a small scream of terror. 

Who the heck would do this to themselves- who the heck... My face flushed in anguish as I watched Tim dart down the hallway towards me, the older male paused as he looked into the bathroom. For a moment it was as though time had paused before the older males face began to burn in annoyance. His head snapped around and he raced towards Max's room, I hesitantly followed to find Tim burst open the door. Max was on his bed wrapping his arms in bandages, he glanced up at us in shock as soon as we entered.

"I-it's not what it looks like!" Max quickly said as he quickly blinked away tears, his eyes were red and puffy and you could see tears stains staining his face. Tim sighed as he walked over towards Max. 

"Max, we talked about this. I thought you were seeing a therapist about your depression."

"Go away Tim. It's none of your business." A tear rolled down Max's cheek but he ignored it, Max looked at me but quickly looked away to return to bandaging his wrists.

"Max please, if you cut to far you could end up killing yourself." I  begged as I took a step forward, Max glared at me with narrowed eyes but continued to wrap his arms, "Just, think about what we are telling you." I sighed as I grabed Tim's arm before I pulled him out of Max's room. 

"What the hell Ross, we need to help him!" Tim began but I quickly shook my head at him.

"No, Max needs to think for himself, we need to be around him for support and kindness. We can only hope that he listens to our suggestions Tim." I sighed as I looked at Max's door before I walked back towards the kitchen, "Anyways, I'm going to start making lunch."