Chapter 8

Ross' POV

---------------
I was racing through a forest, my small gray paws hit the ground as I pelted through my territory. I paused infront of a tree and picked up a nut with my two hands however, as soon as I picked up the nut I felt a hot breath breathing on my tail. I twitched my ear before I turned my head to find a large dark gray dog standing above me. The dog had a light blue collar around his neck that had a golden 'Z' attached to it. His dark brown and golden eyes were filled with interest as I quickly shot up the tree.

However, this dog was not like the other dogs in the forest, the large gray dog tilted his head sadly before sitting down on his hindquarters. I slowly crept onto the edge of a tree branch to look down at the dog, his dark beady eyes watched me and I could tell that there was something different about him, something he was hiding...
-------------------------

I blinked open my eyes to the sound of my bedroom door opening. I quickly sat up to find Max in my doorway, "I-hey Ross, you need to hurry or we're going to be late for work." Max spoke as he began to turn away but I quickly called back to him.

"Ever heard of knocking?" I asked as I slid my glasses onto the crook of my nose.

"Actually, I was knocking on your door for two minutes. Now get dressed!" Max yelled as he stormed out of my room, closing the door behind him. I sighed before I allowed my feet to dangle off of the edge of my bed, I stayed up late last night, pondering about what video's I should make this week and I guess I didn't realize that I stayed up until 12:00am. Leaving me with only 6 hours of sleep.

As I started to get dressed I found myself getting lost in my daydreams, I don't know why but I couldn't help but think about Max with his fluffy Ginger hair and dark brown eyes. As soon as I finished getting dressed, I stepped out of my room to find Max and Tim standing by the door. Max was wearing a dark gray benne and a black turtleneck meanwhile Tim wore a deep blue shirt and jeans. "Took you long enough!" Tim sighed as he opened the front door, Max just chuckled under his breath as we both followed him to the car. 

As we sat in the car I constantly kicked Max's seat until Max's head snapped back and he screamed, "WHAT!" I causally smirked at him as I whispered a small hi. The car jerked to a stop as we pulled infront of the offices, Adam and Jin were hanging out in front of the offices. Ever since Jin came back for the "Do Not Laugh" video, he's been around a lot more often. I quickly grabbed my bag before I pushed open the car door, Max slammed his infront of me before tucking his hands into his pockets. 

"Hey guys!" Jin yelled as he waved his hand from across the parking lot as we strolled towards him. I casually waved my hand at him but, Jin didn't seem to notice, "Adam and I have an announcement to make, go on ahead and go to the meeting room. Everyone else is there except for Barney and Red." As Jin dismissed us with a wave of his hand I realized that Max looked anxious right beside me, but before I could say anything he walked into the offices without waiting for Tim and me. I glanced over at Tim who didn't seem to realize, Tim was busy having a deep conversation about, pretzels. 

I sighed before I entered the building. The long hallway's were quiet except for the occasional sound of laughing which sounded from the meeting room. I quickly walked down the hallway towards the meeting room but I paused infront of the box room as I heard music playing inside of it. Suddenly a voice began to sing, then I realized who the voice was, it was Max.

____________________________________________________
(Play the song above the chapter, if you understand the meaning of the song then you will understand why he is singing it. Linkin Park- Crawling.)

Crawling in my skin
These wounds they will not heal

Fear is how I fall
Confusing what is real