Chapter 13

Ross's POV

The door slammed shut as I dashed out of the house, I cant be late for my first date. I promised the girl of my dreams that I would meet her- that I would give her a good time. Well, I don't even know if she is the girl of my dreams yet but I hope that she is. I quickly hopped into the car before I pulled the seatbelt around me, the buckle clicked telling me that it was locked as I turned on the engine. I guess I wasn't paying any attention because as I pressed on the reverse petal I didn't realize that Max was watching me from the front porch.

As the car continued down the streets of Seattle, I heard my phone go off beside me: I quickly pulled to a stop beside a red light before I checked the caller ID. It was from the lovely maiden, Kristene herself! I quickly put the phone on speaker as the light changed from red to green. "Goodmorning my lovely, daffodil!" I spoke as Kristene giggled from the other side of the line. The two of us spoke of where the date should be and how we imagined it before Kristene hung up on me. I'm guessing she was busy getting ready?

I quickly turned down the road until I reached Little Lover's Gift Shop: a shop where you could buy presents for your date or even yourself if you wanted to! I quickly hopped out of the car before I dived into the store, surprisingly there were only 3 other customers inside, when usually the place is packed and when I say packed I mean the customers are ontop of one another! As I entered the shop a short woman approached me, she glanced up at me with the brightest smile before she spoke extremely fast making it difficult for me to understand a word that she said.

"Goodmorning Sir, welcome to the Little Lover's Gift Shop! My name is Alissa and if you need any help don't be afraid to ask for any!" The woman spoke and she hurriedly dived past me to get to another customer who seemed to be struggling to get something off of a bottom shelf. I sighed uneasily before I grabbed a bouquet of flowers, I quickly raced to the cashier before  I paid for them and I dashed out not saying a single word.

I guess I was in abit of a hurry because I did not want to be late on my first date! I quickly got back into my car before I drove off towards IHOP where I would be meeting Kristene. As I got out of the car I looked around, I only saw people that I didn't recognize but that's ok, I knew that she would come- right? As I walked inside a waitress sat me down in a booth. Before I knew it minutes were passing by quickly. Max kept on texting me to make sure that I was alright but, I decided to ignore him; he knows that I'm not a child!

After about what felt like an hour I gingerly glanced down at my watch to check what time it was, 9:45pm. Where the hell is she! I exclaimed to myself as my fist banged against the table, the waitress looked at me in complete and utter shook as I leaned my head against the table. Hot tears streamed down my eyes as I remained in this position- why did I decide to let this girl play with my heart? As I remained in this position I could hear my phone go off beside me,  I continued to tear up as I quickly picked up my phone before I answered it, "H-Hello?"

"Ross, where the hell are you? I'm worried sick about you?!" Max's voice boomed from my phone, the slightest bit of exaughstion lingered in his voice however I decided to ignore it. At least someone cares enough to ask me how my date went? I sobbed quietly into the sleeve of my jacket but I guess it wasnt silent enough because Max quickly spoke again, this time his voice was softer as though he were soothing a child, "Ross- what happened?"

"K-Kristene ne-never showed up!" I sobbed and I heard a silent mummers come from the other sigh along with a tumble, "M-Max?" I spoke as I heard him curse in pain.

"I'm fine!" He yelped back a small smile crossed my face as I imagined his face flushing with anger. "I'm coming Ross- I'll get Jess to drive me over there."

"Thanks, man!" I whimpered as Max hummed a response before he hung up on me. It only took a matter of minutes before a familiur red-head came running into the resturaunt. The staff at this point looked concerned as they looked between Max and I however I decided to ignore them by now. I quickly raced over towards Max before the ginger pulled me into a tight embrace. "Thanks Max-!"

"Anytime buddy, now let's get you home." The older Male spoke as he led me out of the building however as he grabbed a hold of my arm I looked down in time to only realize that he wore long sleeves however there on one of his hands sat the smallest trace of blood. I wanted to say something however intervining and yelling at Max would only make his problem worse. I guess we both need to figure ourselves out through time.

As Max led me out of the resturaunt he pulled me towards Jess's car where the familiur woman sat. Jess glared at us with a large smile before we got into her vehicle. Within a matter of minutes we were back at out appartment, Tim stood outside looking worried as Max pulled me out of Jessica's car, "Thanks, Jess." Max spoke as we both got out of the vehicle.

"Anytime, just remember to send me a Mithross photo!" Jessica laughed jokingly as she drove away to never be seen again- well until we got a job at Bluejay. I sighed solemnly as I glanced over at Max who awkwardly walked into the house without looking back at Tim or I.

"Did something happen?" I asked as Tim shot me a small smirk, Tim rolled his eyes at me before walking inside of the house, leaving me outside- alone. I quickly raced inside before I slammed the door closed behind me. I dunno what was going on between my friends but all I know is that Max and Tim are acting differently and it's making me feel uncomfortable.

Credit
Mumford and Sons: I will wait for you