Chapter 5

Ross' Pov

I pulled a sweater over my shirt as I began to get ready for work, today showed up to soon; Tim and I decided to keep a close eye on Max by forcing him to wear a short sleeved shirt. Max did not even try to fight us, everytine we approached him about his cuts he looked afraid. Tim has already told everyone at the office that he got into a fight with a random man on the streets which explained the bandages. As we walked inside of the offices, Max paused infront of the office doors for a moment, he looked sad but as soon as he realized that I was looking at him, he continued to walk inside. I quickly grabbed him by the back of his black shirt which made him turn around, "What?" He asked in annoyance, his dark brown eyes glared into mine for a moment before he looked at the ground.

"Are you ok, Max?" I asked as Max looked up at me before putting on a weak smile, as he nodded. I smiled back at him and watched him walk away towards his station. I wish I could help him, I just don't know what's wrong with him. I sighed quietly as I walked towards my office to only be stopped by Adam, "I-oh, hey Adam."

"Hey Ross, want to film a Lego Challenge Video?" Adam asked me with his head tilted to the side, I grinned at how goofy he looked before I nodded, "Great, meet me where we filmed yesterday and the video is right across from that set!" I sighed as I watched Adam walk away, what the hell even is the Lego Challenge anyways? I shrugged my shoulders as I took my phone out of my pocket but before I could do anything Barney walked into my office.

"Hey Dirts, we need to gets to the sets!" Barney spoke as he grabbed my arm, before I could as him what the Lego challenge as Barney dragged me towards the set, a group of editors were setting up the camera while arguing about who should edit the video. Max was apart of that group of editors; as soon as he saw me, the ginger haired male looked at Adam with a frown before walking towards me.

"Ross, do you even know what the Lego challenge is!" Max asked as he glared into my eyes, I quickly shook my head which made Max sigh before pushing back his ginger hair in annoyance, "The Lego challenge is where you step, hop, run, cartwheel, and so much more on Lego's with your bare feet and hands. Ross, are you sure you want to do this?" Max looked up at me with bright eyes which made me smile but I quickly looked down.

"No, but I already said yes to Adam."

"I'll do it for you." Max smiled as he began to walk away, however I quickly grabbed his shoulder before he could go to far. "What?"

"Here, take this." I spoke as I quickly gave him my black sweater, "Just so then the viewers don't get suspicious." Max nodded a quick thanks as he threw on my sweater before joining Adam and Barney who stood beside a pile of Lego's that laid out like a runway on the floor. 

"Hey guys Sky here and today we will be doing the Lego Challenge, I am here with Berney and Max. We were going to be joined by Ross but Max took his place." As the video went on, everyone got cuts from the Lego's, Max got the most cuts from getting the most annoying ones. As soon as the video ended I raced over towards Max almost like a puppy greeting it's owner.

"Max are you ok!" I asked as I quickly handed him a couple of bandages, Max's face turned red but he quickly nodded at me. I frowned as I stared at him, why is he blushing, oh he must be embarrassed that I'm helping him first! "Here take these, I'm going to go check on Barney and Adam!" I say as I shove him some more bandages before I race off towards Barney who was talking to Red, I looked over my shoulder to find Max watching me but he stopped watching me when Adam began to walk towards him.

I paused mid-step to watch Adam whisper something in Max's ear which made fear shine in his dark eyes. The hell is going on? I thought to myself as I watched the two of them from afar, suddenly Adam took Max by the arm and began to lead him towards his office. I need to see what's going on, Max looks scared! I quickly followed the couple, although I made sure to keep at least a good 5 feet away from them. Adam quickly pushed open the door to his office but didn't turn around while slamming the door shut. I quickly neared the door and I pressed my ear against the door. From against the door I could only hear snarling and yells of protest. I slowly opened the door to find Max pinned against the wall with Adam right infront of him.