Chapter 12

Ross's POV

Pookie and Jerry hitched a ride with Max and I claiming that the two of them came to the park from a taxi. Max was driving meanwhile I sat in the passenger seat, heavy fog beat against the window as we drove down the highway. I couldn't see through the mist but I glanced over at the ginger next to me who was leaning close to the steering wheel to get a better view of his surroundings.

"So Max, why did you suddenly want to go home?" I hear Pookie ask from behind me, Max shrugged his shoulders and continued to drive, I don't know why but I felt as though something was wrong but what could be wrong with him? "'Did your mama raise a B*ch?" Pookie mimicked but Max still did not respond leaving the three of us to look at each other in worry, I turned to look at Max but before I could say anything, he parked the car infront of our appartment.

"Our roommate Tim won't be back until 5 so we have the next 8 hours to hang out." Max spoke before he jumped out of the car, I quickly followed after him and I paused as my phone vibrated in my pockets; I quickly dug into my pockets to realize that I had a messgae from the lovely Kristene. I suddenly forgot about Max and I quickly opened up Kristene's messages to see what she had sent me.
----------------------------------
Kristene: Hey Ross!
Ross: Hey Kristene, how are you doing?
Kristene: I'm fine Ross, thank you for asking me!
Ross: That's good, hey Kristene can I ask you a question?
Kristene: Sure Ross, what's up!
Ross: Will you go out with me?
Kristene: Yes, yes I would love to! What time?
Ross: I was thinking 7ish, I'll inform you more details later.
Kristene: Alright, cya then!
----------------------------------------------
I felt my heart burn in my chest with excitement as I let out a small squeal, Max and Pookie who stood outside of the apartment turned to look at me and I quickly darted towards them, "I got myself a date, I get to go out with her tonight!"

Pookie's eyes lit up with excitment as he quickly wrapped his arms around me, "That's amazing Ross!" For some reason I felt my heart break in my chest, why do I feel so guilty all of a sudden? I glance up to look at Max whose eyes are filled with anguish although he wore a fake smile on his face, "Max isn't this amazing?!" Pookie pressed from beside me as I backed out of Pookie's embrace.

"Y-yeah it is... good job, buddy."

//Sudden POV Change cause why not!//

Max's POV

I felt as though my entire heart crashed inside of my chest as soon as Ross told Pookie and I that he was going out on a date. I loved Ross and I missed my chance, I should of confessed to him however everytime I wanted to I thought of Adam's deal and now that his deal is out of the way I can tell him but, I don't want to ruin his life. As long as Ross is happy, I will be happy for him...

I placed a weak smile on my face as I glanced up at Ross, "Yeah it is... good job, buddy." Hurt filled my voice but I managed to tame it with a small chuckle, "she must be one lucky girl."

"Heh, I hope so!" Ross smiled as Pookie wrapped his arm around Ross, "come on let's go play Super Smash Bros in celebration for this sudden event!" I fought back tears as the love of my life walked away from me; leaving me desperate to go back in time to change everything, to tell him how I felt...

I quickly shook my head before I walked inside and I slammed the door shut behind me, as soon as I did this Jerry shot up from the couch and looked around as though something bad was happening. I smiled halfheartedly before I turned on the television and turned it onto Super Smash Bro's. Pookie walked towards us with a bowl of popcorn meanwhile Ross handed the four of us a soda.

As we played Super Smash Bro's I constantly chose Rosalina and I tried to ignore their snarky remarks about how she looked exactly like Elsa. I agree that she looks exactly like Elsa but I feel as though Rosalina is completely different from her, I feel as though Rosalina would be the calmest girl you'd meet. Suddenly 4:00 rolled around and it was time for Jerry and Pookie to leave, I gathered all of the controlers and turned off the television meanwhile Ross and the others said their goodbyes. I glanced up to only hear the front door slam shut, Ross turned to look at me, it was obvious that Ross was excited because his blue eyes were shining like the stars.

"I need to get prepared for m'lady." Ross chirped as he dashed past me towards his bedroom, I watched his bedroom door shut. I wanted Ross to be with me for the rest of my life, I wanted to wake up to find Ross beside me; I wanted to propose to him one day however, I allowed my dreams to go down the drain. I allowed the love of my life to slip out of my grasp.

My body flopped onto the couch as I slowly pulled out my phone, I keep on receiving tweets and comments about how I should go back to Skymedia, I never told my fans about how Adam and Jin treated me; I guess I wanted them to live happy lives as well, I sighed before I threw my phone onto the cushion beside me. I wanted to cry but I couldn't, there were two reasons why.

1. I don't want to harm Ross's relationship

2. I couldn't cry, even though I wanted to, tears would not form under my eyes.

I heard footsteps approach me and I turned my head to find Ross behind me, to be honest he looked like a completely different man, Ross wore a light gray tuxedo along with his red and golden striped tie, his curly brown hair covered his eyes making it obvious that he could not tame it. "Let me help you," I whispered before I got off the couch, Ross led me into the bathroom and I slowly brushed Ross' hair.

As I did so I couldn't help but to throw a couple of glances into the mirror, we looked cute together- I- no Max, you need to look past that... I looked down at Ross who was fixing his tie, Ross is happy with someone else... I slowly took a few steps away from Ross and he turned around to face me, before we could say anything Ross looked at the time before shooting out of the bathroom.

I quickly ran after him but as soon as Ross reached the door, he threw his head back and yelled, "Gotta go, I need to pick up flowers and chocolates for Kristene!" I watched the brunette dissapear behind the door, leaving me to watch the dark gray door in sorrow, I will always wait for you, Ross...